Now this may be the inner retiree coming out in me but...You know what chaps my hide?
When people comment negatively on food while you're eating it.
It doesn't gross me out or anything, I just think it's very rude.
My kids were not and are not allowed (at least in my presence) to say things, ("Eewww!" in particular) as someone is eating, but apparently that's just my hangup.
I was fixing my flax/almond meal cereal, low carb oatmeal, at work (working on my hereditary bad cholesterol) and somebody walked up behind me and said, "Eewww, I don't like oatmeal, it just gets all up in my mouth and stuff."
While I am completely unclear where else oatmeal on a spoon goes besides your mouth and I have no idea what "and stuff" referred to, I just thought that was incredibly rude, and not a visual I wanted.
Now, had I said, "Hey there, what do you think about my oatmeal?" then it would have been totally different.
But, I didn't.
It's not the same thing as saying you can't stand some food (I'm looking at you, raisins in food and nutmeg) in conversation, I'm talking about making some negative exclamation at the moment of consumption.
Stop it.
That is all.
P.S. Mom...here are some current photos of Wes I thought you might enjoy. He's been taking a photography class and his friend that he goes out "shooting" with, took some fun shots of him while they were taking pictures for class. Enjoy.





No comments:
Post a Comment