Honey Bee

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's Right in the World Wednesday - First Edition

I've decided that I'm tired of all the bad news. I'm tired of hearing about the worst in humanity, although this past week with the coverage of Haiti, I have heard some inspiring stories about people who have dropped everything in their own life and have gone to help.

I'm tired of the economy and oh my word if I never hear another word about a politician again, I will be so incredibly HAPPY! I'm tired of the crass, vapidness of celebrity worship. I absolutely abhor awards season. And Dare I say it...I don't care about American Idol. I'm sure that makes me very unpopular. But I could really care less.

So instead of complaining and criticizing and condemning, from now on here at Wild Berry Punch, Wednesdays will be devoted to What's Right in the World! Sort of a count your blessings and a look at the people, places and things that make life GOOD!

I'll reserve the other days for my snarky, sarcastic commentary. Wednesdays are about appreciating the Good, the Better and the Best.

For my first edition of What's Right in the World I have two little people who mean the world to me.

My nephews Garrett and Cooper. Today is Cooper's Birthday and Garrett's Birthday is Saturday.

Both boys are ALL BOY! They are cute, clever and full of that boy spirit. They are non-stop energy and creativity. They are mischievous but they were both endowed with the sweetest, most angelic smiles. They melt my heart and they are definitely two examples of What is Right in the World!


Cooper





Garrett

So tell me What's Right in Your World? I really could use a little Good News Today (points for who can tell me where that line is from).

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

Today the room in basement is 98% finished, as opposed to 90%. We did the other 8% yesterday and we are so close...it feels like a room!

And, I just ate a magic cookie bar.

Kathy said...

Our power came back on - it was only off for 4 hours but still...

We are getting needed rain, it is here with a storm but we'll take that good with the "sort of" bad We can not complain...

Blog Archive