Has it really been a week already?
Hello I am here! My name is Holley! CAN YOU HEAR ME! GRHMGMMM (Phlegmy Yuck!). CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? Wait, let me try that again. Hello! This is a blog! Wait. That’s not good at all. HELLO WHAT IS YOUR NAME ARE YOU FRIEND?! No, no, I’m coming on too strong. Sorry. Wow. Greetings, I am here writing you for having long-time not written… is strange! Yes is! There you go. Much better.
Sorry about that. I’m a little out of practice. It turns out I have to post more frequently, or several terrible things happen: 1) I forget how to come up with ideas; 2) everyone gets mad at me, but secretly, in their heads, so I have to imagine it; 3) Earth’s orbit goes just the tiniest bit awry, and we are set on an immutable trajectory that will eventually hurl us straight into the sun. I apologize for that last part. I didn’t know my own power. I should have guessed, of course. Apologies all around to the ones or twos of yous reading.
Life has been kicking my butt recently. However I did succeed in finally getting a doctor’s appointment for Thing 1. Hopefully that will yield some positive results.
Here are some things that have been weighing pretty heavily on my mind lately.
Why is Tom Skerritt not making very many movies? He should be making more movies.
There are few positions I enjoy more than sitting.
I know this will make me unpopular, but shoes are completely over rated! Flip-flops are totally sufficient footwear and should be allowed in my work place.
Ignore your lumbar region at your own peril, gang.
Don't be a goof! Patronize your local library.
What's with clogging?
When will November be over?
Why when your life is going at warp speed does the Bishopric seem impressed to ask you to give a talk in Sacrament meeting…about receiving all things with Gratitude?
I don't care what anyone says: for me, sour dough bread is the choice of kings.
You can argue all you want that gnomes don't dwell beneath my floorboards, but I'll wait to hear from the experts, thank you.
So friends, what kinds of things have been weighing heavily on your mind this week? Please share even if you don’t know me personally. I could use some reassurances that there really are people at the other end of this interwebby thing; people who are perhaps as crazy as I am!
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Why are long pants long? Why are bushes bushy? How deep would the ocean be if there weren't all those sponges in it?
I am in 100% agreement about Tom S. He rocks my world.
As for flip flops....I used to love them above all other choices in footwear, but now my feet protest. I am deeply saddened.
Things I've been thinking about:
When the heck will I have time to blog?
When will life slow down?
Why is it that Almond Joy is always the last candy left from Halloween?
Why does the Pharmacy tell me 20-25 minutes then take 1 hour while my frozen lovelies disintegrate in my cart?
Where can I turn for Peace? Where is my solace? I love that song, just FYI.
Your talk is gonna ralk! :)
You're giving a talk?! So are we tomorrow! (and the exclaimation points don't mean excitement) The only thing I'm excited about is getting it over with....b/c when your the new family in the ward, its only inevitable that you need to speak before you're officially welcomed. :)
And how ironic that you're speaking on gratitude. That was my topic last winter after I had sat on the couch for a month after surgery....somehow my talk sounded more like being grateful for trials.
I wish I could be there to hear you speak. You'll do an awesome job.
AND i can't even compete with Jeanna with lingering questions so I won't try.
Post a Comment