Honey Bee

Friday, October 16, 2009

Alarmzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My teens are clever and from time to time, somehow they transfer to me responsibilities that are theirs. Not only do they transfer the responsibility but they add their frustration when I do what they ask and they don’t follow through! Then they blame me for their not accomplishing whatever their responsibility was to begin with.

Somehow Teen2 heretofore known as THING 2 (don’t you just love my legal jargon…I didn’t even go to school for that it just comes naturally) has made me his personal alarm clock. I realized things were getting out of hand when he casually asked me to wake him up early this morning even though I didn’t have to get up that early and then if he was still in bed to get him up 15 minutes later. Let’s see, I was to get up early for no other reason than to wake him …..and then I was to monitor to see if he was up…. and wake him again 15 minutes later if need be.

After obeying my programming, he didn’t get up until 30 minutes before he had to leave and he was mad at me for not making sure he was up! Besides which he has his own non-human alarm clock and his computer evidently has an alarm function also. Somehow I became responsible for him getting ready on time.

How do I get into these predicaments?

2 comments:

Jules said...

McKell is my alarm clock and every one else's. I'm so not looking forward to the teen years. I already get blamed for lots of things I have no part in.

Jeanna said...

Sav has tried this trick on me. I politely (ok, sometimes I lose control) tell her that she has an alarm clock and to feel free to set it for the appropriate time.

There is NO WAY I'm gonna take the fall for that one.

Tell your son to man up...you can even said I said so. :)

(Having said that, the man in my family is really, really bad at alarms and relies on me. But, he doesn't blame me for not getting him up, he just doesn't care!)

Good luck with Thing2.

Blog Archive