At the risk of going all Bill Cosby on you and turning this into the "Kids Say the Darndest Things" blog y’all (remember that’s North Carolinian for you all), I have to share one from Wes with you. At scouts the other night they were having an Eagle Scout ceremony, they had this kind of recessional after that included the honoree and members of the bishopric who were Eagle Scouts. As they were walking down the aisle out of the gym…
Wes (in a quiet-ish Elvis announcer voice): "Ladies and gentlemen. The bishop. Has left. The building." They entire row burst out laughing sort of destroying the ceremonial atmosphere of the occasion. I tried not to laugh, really…I did.
From time to time, we like to share household hints here at Wild Berry Punch. Today's pointer? If, when you open the clothes dryer to find out where the odd noise is coming from, fer the love of all that is freshly laundered, DO NOT touch the little grill-y looking thing in the back of the drum to try to brush it off. That ?@$%* is hot.
The things I do to keep you guys safe, sheesh.
Speaking of answering machine messages, inquiring minds want to know what's on yours or your voicemail. Is it a non-descript, "please leave a message", or, do you give a little more detail such as, "You have reached 867-5309" or "The Generic’s aren't home right now. We're at the beach until Tuesday. The key is under the mat."?
But, please don't tell me you're one of those people who pretend you're the cat taking a message or something on your recording. That's an entirely different topic.
There you have it folks another brain dump from Holley the slappy and silly tired woman.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Justin (my BIL) says that HIS father says that you can tell who is the boss of the house by whose voice is on the message machine. If that's the case, I'm in charge at my house.
I don't agree with his theory. I feel like the person whose voice is on the machine is the one who took the 3 minutes going through the manual to figure out how to get a stupid message on there in the first place. The other "adult" in the house couldn't be bothered.
"Hi, you've reached the Nichols. We're not available to take your call. Please leave a message."
Our message goes on and on (almost a key under the mat situation) - we have two lines and one bishop and when he first started out as bishop we decided to change the dedicated fax line to a dedicated bishop line (he is a dedicated bishop). So - the message goes something like -"you reached us - want to leave a message for greg (we didn't want to say bishop because we were afraid business clients would get confused) push # or call ..... (the bishop line) if you want to leave a message for the family push #. I have listened to this message maybe 4 times in 4 years - it is very annoying. I feel sorry for the poor people who call back right away having dialed the same number again to get the bishop line (the two numbers are very similar) but we are very accustom to the phone ringing letting it go to message (yes we screen our calls) and soon after the bishop line starts ringing. I guess that means the process is working. But guess what - the family rarely gets any messages go figure...
My parents used to have one of those machines that would take messages for several different people. That happened right around when my dad was bishop, too. 1 for Cliff, 2 for Mary Jeanne, 3 for the kids....something like that.
Once we (the kids) did a rap for our machine....
We are the Johnsons and we're here to say
We all got in the car and went away
We're out having fun, but we'll be right back
So we missed your call...cut us some slack
Leave your name and number at the sound of the tone
And we'll call you when we get home
A Puh a puh a puh puh puh puh puh
Not sure I'd admit that one Jeanna...any chance this took place during the era of Fresh Prince?
Now that's a dang funny story of Wes. McGiven pride right there. Seriously how could you NOT laugh?!
Thanks for the dryer tip...I will for sure store that in my library upstairs. (i just made that up.)
As for our answering machine...my parents have it set to pick up after 2 1/2 rings. Soooo freaking annoying. Even they complain. Change it people!!
I do get annoyed when people get their kids to leave the message and you can't understand one freaking thing....ummmmm did i call the right number?
Post a Comment