Honey Bee

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Precariously Close to the straight-jacket

If I ever have a complete and total nervous breakdown, it isn’t going to be the direct result of some major event. It is going to be an everyday occurrence that finally pushes me right over the edge.

It is going to occur because one of my sons turned the toaster to the darkest setting after using it and I was the unfortunate person who tried to make toast next and ended up with the last two pieces of bread in the house turned to charcoal.

Or it will be that upon deciding to take a shower I discover yet again that my towel cupboard is EMPTY and the towels never made it to the laundry room and are instead shoved into a corner of a bedroom getting that lovely scent of Eau ‘D Mildeeeeeew

Or it will be because two boys decided to watch movies and never put them back into their cases and they are all over the TV area they are ignoring them, letting them get good and dusty rather than putting them away.

Or because I go to buy text books for my college kid at a new text book swap site and they want to charge me $15 shipping per item. What are they smoking? And more importantly, will they be mailing some of it along with the text books? Because maybe I’d consider it then.

4 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

You crack me up! We love you! By the way congrats on being a finalist for the writing thing. That is awesome. My mom reads your blog and always calls and tells me that she thinks you are such an amazing writer and loves to read it! Keep it up!

Katie said...

I would also consider smoking "stuff" from overpriced book companies as well. Actually, I heard somewhere (TV) that you can buy some pretty good drugs on the internet and that it can be quite easy. I'll let you know how it goes...

Isn't crazy what boys will make you want to do some days? Can't live with or without them. :)

Jeanna said...

I'm sure those college book sellers are smoking something, and something quite good, too. A little piece of that action could really do a mother good. A nice "chill pill" if you will.

Like the old proverb goes, it will be the straw that breaks your back, and mine too.

By the way, I have people telling me all the time how much they love your blog, too. You have fans!

Jules said...

Mine will be taking my kids to the doctors office, only to have them all run to the scale remove their jackets and shoes and leave them all over the floor, then push all the buttons and render the scale useless. All this happened while I was trying to give my urine sample.

I've been hearing that several professors around here are appalled at the price of books, so their making them available on the internet. I sure hope that is standard procedure by the time my kids get to college.

Blog Archive