Honey Bee

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tagged... I'm a Dutiful Sister!

Jules of the great "Weight" Way, which on certain days could be mistaken for Broadway because of all the childhood drama that takes place, has tagged me.

Ten Quirky Things About Me! This was really hard because I had to choose just ten. Those of you who know me, know that Quirky is my middle name... well actually it's Lynn but you get the idea.

Numero Uno (Isnt' that the name of a Pizza Chain?)

I have to sleep with a fan. When I travel I have been known to go and buy a box fan just to have in the room with me so I can sleep.

Numero Dos (Kelly I've been studying my Spanish... aren't you proud?)

As soon as I come home from work I have this overwhelming need to get into my pajamas. I hate to change clothes and put on new clothes just to change those clothes in a couple of hours before bedtime. My husband hates it because they are not very “SEXY”. So I sort of kill the “Mood” before I know if we want there to be a “Mood” Because I can’t exactly walk around the house in a cute nightie. My pajamas are sleep pants and a t-shirt. One pair does have sparkly snowflakes though. I think they are adorable.

Numero Tres (I've always liked the number 3 but I especially like how the Latin folk say it its so classy)

I want Santa to bring me a bullet blender. I asked for one last year, but I guess I was naughty and so I didn’t get one. Or maybe its because Santa doesn’t have any money because Mrs. Claus has put him on a pretty tight budget. Actually this year I sort of want a rice cooker more than a blender, hmmm. I must write a new letter at once… to the Batcave I away!

Numero Quatro (This always reminds me that I need to shave my legs because of those silly Schick Quatro razor commercials)

I have a psychosomatic allergy to the smell of cooking artichokes. I once walked into my mom’s kitchen perfectly healthy, but she was cooking artichokes and I spewed all over her linoleum the moment I got a whiff. I actually like the Italian artichoke hearts and the dip stuff. But don’t have me around when they are cooking.

Numero Cinco (I think we should combine Cinco De Mayo and the 4th of July, can you imagine what an awesome party that would be. Their food and pinatas and our fireworks?)

I constantly thump and wiggle my big toe! Even when I’m sleeping! I think that Jules and I just might have some DNA in common. We have pretty different personalities, but there are some pretty glaring commonalities that prove we are related… Sorry for you Jules, I definitely get the better side of this relationship and you have way cuter kids than me… I admit it.

Numero Seis (The number of people that will be in my sister's family on or around May 21... I'm so excited! I love being an aunt. I would do it professionally if I could!)

I'm good at forgetting to do things I don't really want to do. Very good, in fact. And when I do mistakenly remember something undesirable to be done, I get quite angry with myself for not sensing it at the subconscious level and stopping the thought dead in its tracks. As I am dealing with menopause, I can’t remember that I didn’t want to do something… until I’m doing it. But then if I’m already doing the undesirable, I have to finish it because I can’t stand to leave things half finished. Confused? So am I.

Numero Siete

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is one of my favorite movies and that is probably a quirk all on its own!


Numero Ocho (Didn't you just love the Herbie movies. I'm talking the old ones before Lindsay Lohan ruined the franchise)

I hate wearing shoes! I would live in my flip-flops if I could. I love snow, but I may have to retire to some place tropical because of my aversion for footwear.

Numero Nueve (Is it Nine Ladies Dancing or Lords of Leaping? Now I've got that song in your head and it's going to stay there all day! My gift to you Hee Hee!)

I'm not very good at following directions. I don't read recipes or instructional manuals. I just skim and then forge forward on a wing and a prayer. Most of the time it works. As an example, when I originally read Jules' blog I thought she said 6 quirks and when I went back I saw 10. I swear she added after the first time I read it.

Numero Diez ( I made it all the way to 10 and this quirk will save you lots of money!)

I sing and dance at the grocery store... its fun and they play the best music. When my husband goes with me, I sometimes make him Tango with me to the dairy case. My boys no longer like or want to go with me anymore. They are just happy unloading the car when I get home. Fun and saves me money not buying all the stuff they sneak in my cart. Always be suspicious if your kids willingly unload the groceries from the cart onto the conveyor thingy.

Alright all you people on the back row, yeah Ogie I'm talking to you, Sandy don't think you can slink out the back door. You are tagged. If you want you can leave your quirkiness in the comments for everyone to mock enjoy.

P.S. Sandy - I loved those "Southern" jokes you had sent to me! I'm going to incorporate them into a blog one of these days. They are funny because they are TRUE!

3 comments:

Jules said...

The first time I read this you only had six and I wondered for a minute what had happened. I just figured with all the tags people do you got a little confused.

Anyway we do have several similarities, I have the same footwear aversion. It was fun to do and it's fun to read others I hope the rest of the girlies respond.

Julie J. said...

OH MY GOSH!!! WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON!!!
Uno - Matt and I sleep with a fan on too, but I don't like it blowing on me unless it's freaky hot, I just like the noise.
Dos - I too rush to my jammies, though I would prefer (and sometimes do) just walk around in my undies. Too much info?
Quatro -I hate the smell of cooking artichokes, always have, but love dip and artichoke hearts marinaded, AND I too don't shave my legs regularly.
Cinco - ok, maybe we don't have this in common because I don't move my toes constantly, infact, I hate to see other peoples toes moving! (See my blog post of Wednesday, November 14,2007. Specifically #4.)
Seis - I'm not forgetful, infact I have an amazing memory - it's just that I don't like being told what to do, so if someone tells me to do something, I don't do it. Sometimes I say I forgot.Is that the same?
Ocho - Don't like shoes, I'm a flip flop girl through and through. This was not good for me in a car accident I was in, I still have glass in my feet.
I think we are meant to be BFF!
Oh, and as if this comment wasn't long enough, I too think Sandy, aka. mom, needs to get blogging.

Sandy said...

Okay Holley, here you go.
1. I howl at the moon. Each full moon I call my grandchildren, if they do not call me first, to howl at the moon. We go outside and howl our heads off. It is a great way to keep intouch.
2. I am a certified dental assistant. I look at people's teeth when I talk to them.
3. I am also an editor, and like Jeanna, I critique everyone's written word and punctuation.
4. My children say I subtiley shake my head when I disapprove, but you don't THINK anyone notices.
5.I love to read everyones blog before I start work in the morning, but refuse to start one of my own because of the OBLIGATION that comes with keeping it up daily--or at least weekly.
6. I am a commercial dishwasher. I wash dishes during the commericals on TV. Not good when I have recoreded what I am watching and skip through the commercials.
7. I feed my dog Toby with a fork so he he won't drag his ears in his food while eating.
8. I have to do my laugndry all in one day, listen for the buzzer and hang up clothes before they get wrinkled. And I can't do anything else at the same time except watch TV. I would be nice if I cleaned my house at the same time and just listened for the buzzer.
9. when I go on vacation I like everything plotted out. time, day, activities.
10. I don't like to play games that take stategy (thinking) give me a game of uno or crazy eights anyday with any one.

Blog Archive