I’m back! I’m sure most of you didn’t realize I was gone. I took a little bloggy break for the holidays. You see not only was last week Christmas, but it was the one time of the year when I get to be a stay-at-home mom, free and clear and I don’t have to use vacation time to do it. Elon gives us a week off at Christmas and so I did what all stay-at-home moms do. I worked. I baked and I cooked and I got the laundry caught up and I sewed and celebrated and Christmassed. I loved it! I really enjoy being a homebody. I just wish I could be at home closer to my extended family. I’m jealous of everyone’s snow. I know you probably think I’m crazy and you would be only to happy to share. But let me tell you, it’s a bit hard to maintain the Christmas spirit and get in the mood for Hot Chocolate when it’s a balmy 74 on Christmas Day! Let me tell you I did a lot of dreamin ‘o the White Christmas.
Plus the fact that at home we have dial-up internet, because I’m too cheap to get the good stuff. Plus dial-up discourages all kinds of internet trouble making that my boys could get into if you know what I mean. So I do my blogging at work on my breaks because its so much faster and convenient.
I’m back at work and I keep thinking that at some point today I’m going to get to sit down and reflect and write something Deeply Meaningful about 2008, something that will eloquently summarize all that I’ve learned over the course of the last twelve months, something that will Gently Encourage you to DREAM BIG! and FOLLOW YOUR HEART! and REACH FOR THE STARS! in 2009.
But the fact of the matter is that it’s 10:54 in the a.m. I have 387 emails and 54 voice messages to get through by 5:00 p.m. and I’ve been avoiding it. But I BELIEVE IN GOALS, people.
So all that to say: I am smack dab in the middle of the ordinary right now. And here’s what I keep thinking about.
This past year has been the most surprising, incredible year of my life so far. A big part of that incredibleness (which is totally a word, by the way) has been this little blawg. The privilege of being able to “write” here blows me away every single day - and I am so thankful for the deeper connections I have with my family and the new friends that I’ve been making. Y’all (Remember that’s North Carolininian for YOU ALL!) never fail to make me smile. Sandy you are one quirky lady and I love you for it! Ogie, I’ll catch you on the comments section of Kelly’s blog. We need to get her committed to posting more Baylee pictures!!!! Kelly….. post, post, post, post!
There’s been a lot of change around our house in 2008, and my blog friends and my family have been my sounding boards and my prayer warriors through every single bit of it. You all have made me laugh until I wheezed (Jeanna you are hilarious. I check your blog for updates many times a day and you have so many great commenters!) you all have spurred me on when I have been discouraged. Katie it was so great sharing the Eastern half of the United States with you, I’m really going to miss you. Please keep blogging and sharing. I’m sorry I couldn’t talk very well the other day on the phone, my signal kept going in and out and it was awkward. I promise I’m not that bad at phone conversations! Julie J., I feel like we were twins in another life. You rock girlfriend!
You all are so amazing and inspiring!
[cue Natalie Merchant singing "Kind & Generous" softly in the background]
[then sway gently from side to side]
[go ahead and flip open your cell phones, too - because we want to create a mood here, people]
There are two truly incredible people who have really helped me deal this year. They have listened patiently and loved unconditionally. I would be lost as a goose without them. They are my two beautiful sisters. I don’t know how people get through life without sisters. I have been incredibly blessed to have the two smartest, sweetest, most talented sisters.
So thanks, my sweet friends (and family - especially my family), for everything you’ve done in 2008. And whatever 2009 may bring, I’m more grateful than you know that I get to walk through it with such a precious group of people.
I love every single one of you to pieces.
Happy 2009, y’all.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you are back. I miss you, even though I know you are enjoying the holidays with your family. I, too, am super grateful for the blog...and for facebook. I feel way more connected to family and friends because of it. But, facebook will never replace the blog. There are just some things I HAVE to blog about....free stuff for example. :)
2008 was great...2009 will be stupendous! You Rock My "sisterly cousin." (I've heard this expression a million times from an older lady in our ward who was raised by her mother's twin sister, so her cousins were her sisterly cousins). So, you are MY sisterly cousin! Keep on bloggin' in 2009!
Hey Holley, I couldn't have done it with out you or Julie either. There is a reason we are Sisters. I love you so much. Thanks for all of your time listening to me and all the advice. Remember how special you are and how loved you are. You are going to have an awesome 2009! That is my prediction. Our Family is due. I feel guilty for saying that though, Because we have so much to be thankful for and are really truly blessed. Thanks for everything. Love your lil sis.
Post a Comment