Hurry in and get warmed up because the weather outside is frightful!

But isn't my fireplace delightful?
Take a seat on my cozy loveseat and sink into my nice pillows that I made especially for the winter season from a fabric remnant that I got at Walmart for $2.00. It was enough fabric to cover 4 pillows and adds a nice punch of color to the neutral sofa and matches my wildlife Christmas theme perfectly.
I've got cute little birds, bears and bunnies stashed all around the house.
Help yourself to some homemade fudge... why it's right there in my cute little Nutcraker tin. Yes..... he is adorable!
Oh you like my wreath. I found some really cute supplies at Dollar Tree the other day and just threw it together. I think it turned out really cute as well.
My favorite part of the mantle display is my cute little bear with the mittens. That was a gift from my sweet Mother-In-Law a few years ago. She has the best taste.
Dinner will be ready in just a few minutes, so relax and listen to this great new CD I just got it's called Celtic Woman Christmas. I find it so much more enjoyable when I sit next to the sweet little "Holly Choir." Can you believe that it only cost me $2.50 for the entire set. I am the consummate bargain shopper.
Oh, I just heard the oven timer. Better go check on dinner. No, I didn't go to any trouble at all. I used my Barefoot Contessa cookbook, she has the best recipes and they are so easy to follow. It took me no time at all!

Why don't you sit at the head of the table in the seat of honor!
Where did I get that little cow planter? Can you believe it was on the clearance rack at T.J. Maxx last year. I captured that little beauty for just $1.50. Such is my good fortune. She just brightens up my kitchen.
Oh, I am stuffed! That Barefoot Contessa sure knows what she is talking about! I hope you have just a little more room for my special Christmas cookies and some hot chocolate. They are over there in that sweet Snowman cookie jar!
The snowman is a recent addition to my holiday decor, sent to me by my lovely Grandma White. I know! I have so many incredible women in my life. They are the kindest, most generous people I know. Did I show you my nativity set that my mother sent me. I am so overcome with emotion about this particular gift. I had a nativity set when I was first married but it got broken in one of our moves. All the ones in the stores these days are so mass manufactured and cheesy. My mom is paring down and simplifying her life. She sent me this incredible nativity set. It was a gift to her from my grandparents, who picked it up on a trip to France. I just think it is so colorful and with the history and connection to my family, it makes this the perfect Christmas gift.
On the lower shelf you will notice my little Dickensian village. I am a big fan of A Christmas Carol and all of the imagery that story evokes. If you know my Grandma White, you know that she is a big Christmas fan and decorates every single corner of her home. I've always admired her Christmas village. So this is my little attempt to imitate some of her style. I couldn't afford the "NICE" village, but found these little pieces at the Dollar Tree. I think the little vignette turned out quite pretty.
Why don't we go and enjoy our cookies with some hot chocolate by the tree.
We have been collecting ornaments for years. We almost need to get a larger tree to accommodate all of the ornaments. My plan is that when the boys get married, I'm going to box up all of their special ornaments and give it to them as a wedding present, along with a little written history of how we acquired the ornaments and at what ages they were. I've been keeping a little Christmas journal since they were babies.
Here are some of my favorite ornaments!
You can't leave before I give you your present. I didn't quite know what to get you, so I decided that this would be the most useful gift considering how tight the economy is.

Don't worry I made you this really cute tote bag to carry it out to your car. Can you believe I did it with a placemat that I got from the Dollar Tree?

They were so easy to make. You just sew up the sides add some ribbon and embellishment and you're good to go. I made several this year for the ladies I visit teach and I just knew you would love to have one too.
It's been so grand having you come over for Christmas. How about we do this again tomorrow at your house/blog! I would love to see what you have done for Christmas this year.
Best wishes to you and your family for a safe, happy and fun filled Christmas!
Love,
5 comments:
Holley, You are cordially invited to my house, tomorrow, for some Christmas Holiday Making. Travel safely, it's icy out there.
Holley, thank you for inviting everyone to your home for Christmas. What a wonderful display of creativity and bargain hunting you have in your home. The decorations are beautiful and the dinner was great. Sitting by the fireplace getting to know you and your family while enjoying the milk and cookies was awesome. Unfortunately, not a fan of fudge but I am sure with how wonderful everything else was, it was good. The evening before with the catalogues was very refreshing also. Brought back many memories, thanks. Sorry I don't have a house to invite you to but someday soon maybe I will.
I'm so glad that I finally made it to your house for Christmas! The dinner was delicious, the decorating invigorating yet inviting, and the parting gift was perfect. One of my favorite parts of my visit was admiring your nativity AND i will admit that the best part was the killer deal on travel fare.
When I can get around a little more I will finalize some preparations for your visit to Morgan, UT. Get ready for the greatest snow on earth!
Wow Holley, You did it again! The house looks so awesome. Some one should hire you to decorate there house. Or you should be one of those people who get hired to decorate the stores. I hope you guys have an awesome Christmas. I wish I was as creative and could decorate my house like that. Great job.
I would only have two pictures to share. the first one would be our pathetic tree, we didn't get the big one out this year. The second would be my village, I inherited some Dickens pieces fron mom. I'm glad you got the nativity. Anyway that was a cool post and very impressive. We've been a little scroogie this year between baby and schooling. My kids don't care, they just get excited to open the chocolate advent calendar I bought for 2 bucks.
Post a Comment