Honey Bee

Friday, May 16, 2008

Where Did the Time Go

In my writing class the other day we had to do this exercise called THEN and NOW. I looked around the room at the 18-21 year old kids and inwardly snickered imagining what their then and now’s would be. Then sandbox, now bar.. I was being petty. Then the teacher threw us a curve and our then and now’s had to have a theme that he would assign to us. This is where my petty thoughts came back to bite me. My theme was get this…. Make Up Bag, Then and Now……ouch. I’ve never been one to wear much make-up but as I thought through this exercise I realized that my life can sort of be summed up by the contents in my make-up bag. So for your reading entertainment my make-up bag THEN & NOW!

If you are under the age of 27 (which ironically is Ryan’s exact age, but please don’t think I’m bitter)…I digress… so if you are under the age of 27, you probably don’t want this information. Go on then and enjoy your firm skin and lip gloss and live life ignorantly blissful for another 20 years. And when you see me tweezing my chin in the car, just look the other way.

Then: 1988
Now: 2008

Then: Lip Gloss (sparkly strawberry mauve)
Now: Chapstick except on Sundays when it’s the (age-defying, non-bleeding, matte-finish pale raspberry with some blistex moisture on top for some shine… sexy I know)

Then: Concealer for zits
Now: Concealer for zits and dark circles

Then: Mini-pad (in case I start)
Now: Mini –pad (in case I sneeze)

Then: Eyelash curler
Now: Tweezers

Then: Cute compact mirror and pressed powder
Now: Magnifying glass so that I can find my chin hairs

Then: Altoids
Now: Sugar Free Gummy bears and rootbeer barrels and for really bad days M&Ms

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

seriously, what the heck with zits after 30? Am I wrong? I remember buying Dr. Pepper flavored Bonne Bell. MMM.

I recently bought a sweet magnification mirror that I can pull and retract that attaches to my wall. Guess what I am looking at....

Katie said...

I like the pad comment. I already hold myself when I sneeze...I can only imagine 20 years from now.

Anyway, you are a natural beauty and all of you McGivens are blessed with Grandma White skin. I am jealous.

Jules said...

Thanks Katie I think we do have pretty good skin. That was funny. The difference between them and now for me would be the colors of eye shadow. I used to use purples and blues, now I use taupe and pearl. If I even wear makeup which is usually about twice a week. Mascara is still my staple. Enough about me, that was a fun post, thanks.

Masters Of Disasters said...

That is all so true. You are the greatest, and so funny!

Blog Archive