Honey Bee

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday...Ryan Dear...Happy Days Will Come to You All Year!


As I thought about Ryan and today being his birthday all I could think about was man… I’m old and he’s still a YOUNG MAN! I mean 27… that’s a drop in the bucket. Then I thought to myself what kind of wisdom can I impart to my baby brother. Unfortunately my brain is fried because I’m in the teen raising part of my own life and he’s smarter than I am anyway!

So baby brother, I thought I would share with you some of the wisdom and good wishes that have been passed down to me over the years… I don’t know that they’ve been particularly inspiring or helpful, but they have been memorable.

As you slide down the banister of life…may all the splinters point in the right direction

May all your ups and downs be in bed (we can say those kinds of things now because we’re adults ☺)

Life is not like a bowl of cherries or peaches…its’ more like a jar of Jalapeno peppers…what you do today may burn your butt tomorrow!

Never hold your farts in, they travel up your spine and into your brain and that’s where all the crappy ideas come from!

May your life be like a roll of toilet paper…. Long and useful

Happy Birthday Ryan, I hope you have a wonderful day and that your days continue to be filled with hard work to make you strong and lots of love and laughter to make you happy. You are an amazing YOUNG man and you have a beautiful family. I’m so proud of all that you have accomplished and all that you are. I really hope that we are able to see you in August and get a chance to meet your beautiful boys!

1 comment:

McGiven Family.... said...

Love all the advice! You are so sweet and such a talented writer! We love you!

P.S. We are working on being in Utah the same time as you!

Blog Archive