Honey Bee

Monday, May 19, 2008

Somebody Said there was a weekend...have you seen it anywhere?

Well, there’s been lots going on here the last few days, and as a result of all the activity, I seem to start posts and then get sidetracked because something needs my attention or Brien needs some more money (High School, THOU ART EVIL) or I was working at the horse show. That’s right, I said horse show, don’t all of you spend your time working at horse shows on your only day off from work/church?

However, my lack of blog productivity is not in vain, because I am proud to announce that I now have about eight partially-written posts that are - and I say this in all humility, of course - really, extraordinarily adequate.

Oh, it’s true. Those incomplete posts reach entirely new plateaus of sufficiency.

And when I finish them? And actually post them?

Well, I have no doubt that you will receive them with great tolerance.

And then we will hold hands and sing.

Also: This next weekend I have to work commencement and then I promised Brien I would help him clean his room without yelling at him (pray for me that I can keep that promise), and I need to go do some laundry now because I would probably appreciate some clean towels and maybe even some clean sheets. Although all I can do right now is envision all the stuff that I need to do at home but didn’t get a chance to do because I was working at a horse show (the last dumb fundraiser of Brien's high school career) and now I’m back doing my regular job for which I get paid and then I go home to the job that I don’t get paid for. And don't say but what about Mother's Day. I didn’t even get to enjoy a nice mother’s day because my kids are selfish and self-absorbed. But that whole story is in one of those unfinished posts. Maybe when my feelings are not quite so hurt, I’ll post it.

I guess that’s all.

Except that if you’ve ever had a question you wanted to ask me, now is the time to fire away and ask in the comments.

Unless said question pertains to my real and/or imaginary weight, my thoughts on predestination, or anything that’s remotely related to math.

I think it goes without saying that anyone who tries to sneak in a word problem will be banned from the blog forever.

And seriously, I can’t promise that I’ll answer every single question, but at the very least I’ll try to answer a few of them. Could make for some interesting blog posts that I may or may not be able to write/post.

As always, I’m setting some very ambitious and lofty goals.

Because as the famous saying goes: if you reach for the moon, the worst thing that can happen is that you land on a nice, comfy couch where you can snuggle up and take a nap.

Or something like that.

3 comments:

Jeanna said...

If someone called you up right now and offered to fly you away to an exotic location for 2 weeks would you go? This is assuming that nothing in your life will get the attention that it needs until you get back.

Essentially: Could you drop everything and be selfish for a while?

Jules said...

I've been wondering about your vocabulary. Sometimes I need a dictionary to read your posts. Maybe you could simplify for the mothers of young children who have lost all their brain cells playing candyland. JK, I'm just jealous that you write so eloquently. Keep up the interesting posts mine are all child related, I don't often get time to wax philosophical.

Katie said...

I think you deserve a day at the spa...hey, I think we all deserve a day at the spa. Maybe we could all go for pedicures for a girls outing when we all come. Are you available?

Blog Archive