I’ve been noticing a trend on my blog lately. It’s all about being silly or funny with my wry observations of people and my endless crazy experiences while shopping.
The truth is I write about that trivial stuff because I can’t seem to face my real life right now and it’s easier to write about the silly and inane.
Believe me there is more going on at home than my children’s inability to clean their rooms or do laundry.
The problem is that I have TEENS. I don’t have any cute stories of how they emptied the kitchen Tupperware on the floor or splashed in the kiddie pool. I don’t have fun videos to post that show their current stage of development (you do not want to see Brien scratch). The truth is more often than not, they annoy the ____ out of me. Both boys are handsome and intelligent. They are doing pretty well in school and I have a lot to be thankful for. However, when they get home all bets are off. The sibling rivalry and boundary pushing are about to drive me insane.
I love reading everyone else’s blogs because they are so entertaining seeing what all of my nephews and nieces are doing. We have some dang cute kids in our family, mine are just not two of them at this moment in time.
I won’t even get started on what its like to be in the “Sandwich” generation between taking care of kids and parents. All I will say is it is TOUGH!
So now that you know why I focus so much of my writing on inconsequential things, I have another gripe to share.
People?
Seriously, if you are eating out, and, your preferences (Note: I am not talking about an allergy situation, at ease, pilgrim) at a counter service place takes longer to state than the food takes to prepare, you might want to consider bringing your own lunch, or, waiting until you get home to eat.
"You know that salad? The one with the lettuce, tomato, onions and the gorganzola? I want that, but, only the dark green lettuce stuff, I don't want tomatoes unless they are California ones, are the onions white or yellow? No onions, and, please spread the cheese equally around the salad, is it non-dairy? Does it come with dressing on it? I don't want it on there, well, maybe just a little, but, I want to watch you put it on there. Is the bagel sliced lengthwise? I need to see one, and, the coffee? I've been standing here, and, I haven't seen anyone make fresh coffee, but, I have to have non-fat half and half with it."
I can appreciate a "no onions, please" order or something like that. But, come on, if you are that fussy, get out of my lunch line.
I thought the girl at the register was going to cry when I told her I wanted, " bread, but, only if it doesn't have starch in it", then she caught on.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The part about Brien scratching himself made me laugh...you commentary is so real. :) I hate the picky eaters too. Advice: Prepare your own damn (dang) food...and while your at it move to a farm where you can raise your own meat and watch your fresh veggies grow in an organic environment. Were these only children or what?
Post a Comment