I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I have really amazing brothers and sisters. They are so funny, smart, talented and good-looking to boot. Sometimes I feel that it was kind of unfair that I was born first because my parents were saving all the good genes for the kids that came after me.
One of the things that I appreciate most about my siblings is their ability to pick amazing partners to share their lives and enrich our family. We have been abundantly blessed with the additions of Adam, John, Lindsay, Sarah and Katie.
Today, I would like wish Katie a Happy Birthday! I know it’s a day early but I wanted to make sure and get this wish in. My weekends are packed with doing all of the things I need to do for home and family and so I don’t usually have time for the computer.
Birthday's are times that makes it easier to say some of the things that don't ordinarily get said to someone I care so much about. So I'll take advantage of this time to say Katie, I wish you much more than just a happy Birthday...
I wish you happiness, each and every day, in return for all the joy you bring to life. I wish you courage and strength for the days that lie ahead. I wish for you all the good things that life and family have to offer.
I can't begin to thank you for being willing to take on our family by marrying Gary (although I will admit you got one of the best); my simple words don't do you justice. We are so blessed to have you in our family because of your rich and vibrant personality, your incredible spirit, sense of humor and your appreciation for the absurd (that’s the only reason I can think of that you would voluntarily join the McGiven clan). My words are not enough but my heart knows how I feel, and now... maybe you do, too.
For I feel as though today and tomorrow are not just days to wish you a happy Birthday, these are the days to celebrate everything about you.
2 comments:
I didn't know it was Ms. Katie's bday tomorrow. To this wonderful tribute I add my wholehearted wish for a fantabulous birthday. All my love and best wishes Mis Katie!!
Thank you for the tribute Holley. I am so glad/thankful that we've been blogging. I feel like I know you so much better now and that it has connected the sisters. I really feel so happy/overwhelmed right now reading the blog birthday wishes. Its comparable to Christmas morning. I never had sisters growing up but now that void is definitely filled AND THEN SOME! I love you guys!
Post a Comment