Honey Bee

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Is it me, public school or the new math???????

This morning I had to go to Office Max and buy mechanical pencils for my boss. So I hop in my car and go.

While I am perusing the writing implements aisle I see that the mechanical pencils that he has requested are on sale: 2 packs for $3 (score!)

Conversation at the register:

Me: There was a sign that said these packs of mechanical pencils are two for $3.

Cashier: No ma’am, they are $1.50 each. Do you still want both of them?

Me: Yes, I want both of them. That would be $3. Two for $3. $1.50 x 2.

Cashier: (rolling her eyes and twisting her eyebrow ring) Ma’am they are $1.50 each, do you want both of them or not?

Me: Umm... Okay, $1.50 each and not a penny more.

I knew that I was out of touch by I didn’t think I was in a parallel universe.

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

Rest assured that anyone with rings in places other than fingers and ears is the one in the parallel universe.

You always have the most fun shopping!

Katie said...

How funny! I had a similar experience last night. At Subway, I wanted to 6 in. subs. I was told that for $5 each I could make them both 12 in. subs. It was midnight so I had to have him repeat himself again. "Sure 12 in. is fine" After getting in the car I thought why didn't he just charge me $5 for the 2 12 in? I was too confused and tire to deal with it. I was grateful to not be working behind the counter making subs at 12 AM. Bless his heart. :)

Katie said...

clarification: why didn't he just charge me $5 for the 2 6 in. subs?

Katie said...

yes, I proofread my commentary on blogs? what's next in my life?

Blog Archive