Hey Y’All (remember that’s North Carolinian for you all) I think I’m about two years behind the curve on this one (SHOCKING, I know) - but in my recent channel surfing, I’ve run across the most stunning tv show that's been running on UNC-TV, which is our version of PBS.
It’s called Windsor Castle: A Royal Year - and it is just breathtaking. It’s a behind-the-scenes look at the daily operations of Windsor Castle, and if you are an Anglophile, it will be a little piece of heaven on earth for you. If you’re not necessarily an Anglophile but love to entertain, you will be fascinated by the intricacy of their preparations for a state dinner. I could’ve watched hours and hours about the housekeeping staff alone.
As an added bonus, you get to hear Prince Philip say “ye gods” a whole bunch. And it will make you smile. I held my breath watching Queen Elizabeth do a pre-dinner inspection of flowers and table settings - I so wanted her to appreciate the hard work her staff had done.
(She did. And it made me want to hug her.)
If this series isn’t on in your area, you can also buy/rent the DVD.
And I’ll tell you something else: Her Majesty’s staff could teach Martha Stewart a thing or nine. They all come across as incredibly gracious and professional and thorough.
Should they ever come to North Carolina, I would like to fry them some chicken. I’d even break out the “Good” paper plates, you know the ones that say Chinette on them.
Check out the show if you get a chance - you will enjoy it so much (and it’s a great history lesson for your kids, too).
In the immortal words of Tigger - TTFN
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ooooooo, I would love that show. I have never heard of it. Sounds like I got me some videos to rent this summer, thank goodness! Just when I was wondering what I was going to do with my life now that school is over! :)
Thanks for the great tip.
Post a Comment