I am considering watching the new version of Sense & Sensibility that recently aired on PBS Masterpiece Theatre. I missed it and so I'm waiting for it to be released to DVD.
So I was perusing my Netflix account to see when it would b released and I found this...

I may have to watch this version because I immediately noticed that THIS Elinor Dashwood not only behaves like me, she looks like me. That's Hattie Morahan (aka
It's the long face and the high cheek bones and the very pale skin and the furrowed brow from mulling over every little detail. Actually its the hair color and bangs. I recently got my hair done and it is that exact color and my bangs are so cute! But that is beside the point.
The point is do I cheat on my favorite movie of all time and watch another version???? Oh the agony. I have a true love affair with the 1995 Emma Thompson/Ang Lee version and I have been crushing on Alan Rickman ever since I saw him as Colonel Brandon, this crush may even surpass my obsession with Colin Firth in Pride & Prejudice.
I did take a chance on watching the 2007 version of Persuasion which is actually my favorite of the Jane Austen novels. I really liked it. I think I still prefer the Amanda Root version, but I liked and I added it to my movie collection.
If you would like to see which Austen character you are go here.....
You are Elinor Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are practical, circumspect, and discreet. Though you are tremendously sensible and allow your head to rule, you have a deep, emotional side that few people often see.

2 comments:
I thought you were going to ask if a person should cheat when taking those tests. My answer to that is, absolutely. :)
As for trying new versions, I feel your pain. I received the OLD BBC version of Pride & Prejudice for Christmas and I cannot bring myself to watch it. Why? Because I love Colin Firth and Matthew McFadgen (sp), so how can I possibly align myself with a new Mr. Darcy?
I think you should cheat. It is good to see what else is out there. I took the quiz and I am Elizabeth Bentley. I thought it sounded like me.
Post a Comment