Dear Family and Friends,
I was going to write something sarcastic and pithy about my boys and their inability to pick-up their clothes and put them into the laundry basket that is located right next to the piles of laundry (I probably will still post that, just another day). I have some much more serious matters weighing on me.
Brien is just a hair shy of getting admitted to Elon University, where I work. This would be a wonderful blessing for our family if he were able to be admitted as I can provide him free tuition. The past several months he has been working to pass a really difficult history class (which he did by the skin of his teeth) and to get decent scores on the SAT entrance exam.
Well folks, Brien is only 10 points shy of the required score. So this means that he will once again have to take the SAT exam and he will be taking that on Saturday. I'm asking that everyone please join us in prayer these next couple of days.
Brien is a really good kid and he has a lot of dreams and goals. He deserves this opportunity, but of course I would say that as I'm his very proud mother!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Done! We will for sure be praying for Brien. Believe it or not, we can relate with the GRE issues Gary had. I know it will all work out. Three times is a charm, right?! Oh and I'm excited to read the sarcastic post about the kids too.
Will do, anything for you guys. Good luck Brien!
I'll do it, but know that part of me is wishing he would come live in Utah. I do want to see him get a good education, I just miss him. We will pray and have the kiddies so so also, I think those little prayers carry a lot of weight (especially in our family, hee hee).
Post a Comment