Recently I stumbled across a really easy (and oh-so-funny) tip to get my boys to help me with things like carrying laundry baskets, moving furniture, bringing in groceries, etc....without a moment of arguing. Here's an example of how it works:
Me: Brien, I need some help moving these boxes to my closet. [Long pause here while I appear to be re-assessing.] You know, never mind, I think these might be a little too heavy for you.
Brien: [Popping up eagerly from the couch.] Too heavy? OH Puuuuleeez Mom, I’m almost twice as big as you now. Those aren't too heavy! Move out of my way!
Me: [Insert overly dramatic skepticism here.] Are you sure? There are a lot of them.
Brien: Aw, that's easy, Mom, I can do them all... in fact I can take two at a time.
Presto. I get eager help from the boys, and they get an ego boost. Works for me--every time! Now I need to see if I can figure out some sort of manipulation trick for getting them to pick up their clothes and put their dishes in the dishwasher. I should see if this trick works on Dane too! ;-)
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I will have to remember this one for when Austin gets a bit older!! I might just have to try it on Justin too! :)
It's hilarious that they don't see through that. I have used a couple of funny tactics on Adam, but really it isn't necessary because he's so helpful. I don't look forward to the teenage years. This lady in my ward calls it the wilderness years, because it feels like your just wandering in a wilderness of teenagehood without a clue what to do.
I love it!! Nice going mom!
Ha ha, That's awesome!
Post a Comment