Honey Bee

Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Almost Birthday!


Ok, I’m going to wax poetic and be sappy for a few minutes, maybe even corny.

You see, I love Dane. I really love him, to the moon and back!

My life feels better and less chaotic when he’s around. Things go better when we can lay in bed and have some pillow talk. Dane is really good at pillow talk. He becomes his most funny self when his head hits the pillow and not just because he snores and talks in his sleep.

He has the most strong and capable hands and gently and sweetly rubs the tension from my neck and back on a regular basis without expecting me to do that for him in return.

Sleep is definitely easier when he comes to bed. For much of our married life he has worked into the evenings and is not there when I go to bed. I feel better and more relaxed when I feel that he’s there.

He emptied the dishwasher without being asked. He may not have put all the dishes in the right places, but even that can be fun when you are treasure hunting around the kitchen ;-)

He’s not only a great husband, but a great dad. He loves his sons with intense ferocity and wants them to be strong and Godly young men. He shows them how to be a man. He shows them that being a man doesn’t mean sitting around expecting to be served by your wife, it means jumping in and working as a partner. He shows them that its ok to be uncool and even silly. He is trying to show his boys what it really means to honor your father by serving and honoring his own father.

My favorite thing about Dane is that he loves me right back. He is home every night that he can be so that he can have dinner with us, help with homework, play games, attend scout court of honors and ball games and keep the house running if I have a meeting or activity that I need to attend.

Tomorrow is Dane’s birthday and he will be spending the day at work, because he is a dedicated provider for our family.

So I wanted to get a head start on wishing my Dane a happy birthday and telling him just how much he is LOV-ED with a Large Cappucino!

5 comments:

Jules said...

Please give Dan our love on his special day. We will be traveling and probably won't be giving much thought to anything but keeping our kids happy so they won't disturb the other travelers. I think Dane is an amazing guy, I love that he is a strong man without needing to be a Macho Man. He is a wonderful BIL and Uncle and we love him dearly.

Katie said...

I really feel like I've gotten to know better from our last visit over Thanksgiving. He's a cool guy...very easy to be around and just seems to go with the flow...a very good thing. You two really do complement each other well. I hope you guys get to do something fun to celebrate when Dane gets a day off. Have a great day!

McGiven Family.... said...

What a wonderful tribute to your husband. It is funny because a lot of the things you said are how I feel about Ryan! You guys are a great couple and compliment each other very well! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Masters Of Disasters said...

that is so sweet! He is such a nice guy. I love when you guys are here visiting, so we can play games. You guys are such fun. Tell him Happy Birthday, and that we love him!

Jeanna said...

Happy belated Birthday dear Dane......Happy belated Birthday to you!!!

Hope you had a fantastic day, but who wouldn't with a wife as nice as that? Sure wished we could see you more often.

Blog Archive