Honey Bee

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm Very Afraid....of what I've become :-(

You know how whenever you (maybe its just me) go to the store you end up in the checkout behind some woman who is quibbling over the price of an item when it is rung up. She insists there is a sign she saw somewhere in the store that makes her item on sale, and yes she does want someone to go and find the sign thankyouverymuch.

When the woman turns around in line to look at you and mumble an apology, you refuse to make eye contact, because you are NOT on her side, you just want to hurry up and get out of the store, and why do you always get stuck in the slow line. Why?

So they send the bagger to go find the mysterious sign; he is not exactly a rocket scientist. And he comes back to the cash register, but can Not remember exactly what the sign says after that l-o-n-g trek though the store, so he has to go back and look at the sign again. And at this point you think you might have died a little.

And then the cashier is arguing with her over whether or not said item is on sale, and then they bring the store manager over to look at the item and the sign. And the store manager begins to quibble over the wording of the sign with the woman. And you use your laser beam eyes to burn a hole into the back of that woman’s head.

The store manager and the woman go back and forth, back and forth, and you wonder if the store manager is working on commission, because why in the name of Pinochio does he care so much. And when he finally agrees with the woman he acts like he is doing her a favor, instead of abiding by the sign that was hanging up.

And the entire time you are standing there trapped behind this woman in line, holding your tongue from blurting out, “Good Grief woman I’ll pay the 50 cent difference*, just get on with it!”

Well last night, that annoying woman who holds up the entire line, was me.

For all those people who had their food go bad and their ice cream melt into puddles while this was taking place, I apologize.

*in my defense, it was a $10 difference on buy one get one free baby toiletries gift pack for a shower gift (I have one to attend tonight and other next week). $10 makes it worth it, no? I think I just snapped or something. Usually I’m not one to quibble like that, I either just pay and tell myself that I must have misunderstood or I opt out of buying the thing. But this time I became possessed or something.

Also this wouldn’t affect so many people if Walmart would open up more than two lines at a time!!!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

$10 is a huge deal! That's one meal at your restaurant of choice...well the middle priced ones or 3 1/2 gallons of gas or 2 gallons of milk for those growing, starving boys! I think its high time that we take a stand at Walmart just like you did! Especially since they don't give their employees any benefits....yes, I did ask the cashier. She said that only the full-time employees get benefits so they try to only give part-time hours. She said it is rare that you can get full-time hours. The last time I shopped at Walmart I asked the butcher which brand of sausage he recommended. In his broken English, he told me that he didn't eat the meat there. Right now I am avoiding Walmart because it raises my stress level too high.

Jules said...

Ten dollars is a big deal. I usually don't say anything either, but sometimes you just get sick of the crap. I'm glad you said something and saved the dough we all need to stand up for our hard earned dollar who's worth is dwindling.

Jeanna said...

Quibbling over .50 is a whole different ballgame than $10. You did the right thing!!! Don't feel like you were possessed by evil, but by a good fairy whose wand needed to wipe away all bad walmart karma.

Cote Corner said...

haha :) As I was reading your blog I was thinking to myself that sometimes that annoying lady is me. So at the end when you said it was you, I couldn't help but laugh!! When it's 25 cents then who cares?? But 10$???? That's a lot of money where I come from!! :) Besides, sometimes you only buy those things because it is such a good deal. When they try to take that away then it's almost like you don't even want to buy it anymore! Dumb Wal-Mart!

Blog Archive