Today I was hoping to post pictures of my newly organized files and pantry and home office and brag about all that I got accomplished on my first free Saturday in about three months. I had the best of intentions. I got up around 8:30 and did quite a bit of housework, made my grocery list and then went to go and help my father-in-law. What should have only taken about 1.5 hours took 5 hours. He had several errands that he wanted to get taken care of. These were things that included a trip to two grocery stores and the thrift store and Bed, Bath & Beyond. So I put on my good daughter-in-law hat and pasted a smile on my face and played chauffer for a good part of the day. I did score some really cute canisters for my kitchen for only $1.
So by 4pm I unloaded my father-in-law and all of his stuff, put his roast in the crockpot for him so that he could make some beef stew for himself and set out on my merry way. I got home about 4:45 and thought, well I can still work on the important files. Just as I got my "Abel" fired up and ready to label, one of the ladies that I visit teach called me. She was having car trouble and her husband who drives a big rig was out of town and her baby was wearing his last diaper. So I switched hats and put on my good visiting teacher hat and went driving off to the rescue. I loaded up my friend along with her two children and off we went to Walmart and CVS. By the time we got finished with her errands, it was 8:30 p.m. when I dropped her off. Then I had to go and pick-up Brien from his friends house and by the time I got home, I didn't have the energy to label. I did paint the lids to my new canisters so that they matched my kitchen! I did manage to get some of my grocery shopping done.
I'll have to find time to make a date with "Abel Labler" another day. Maybe this Saturday, maybe not. I hope you all had a very fun and productive weekend.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow you did a lot of service on your day off. I know it's frustrating, but I also know you will be blessed for your efforts. We got the valentines in the mail today. Thank you, I haven't even thought about that day, I need to take my kids out to get valentimes for their class on thursday. I can't believe how many things around my house are here because you spoil my kids. Thanks for being such a nice aunt, they don't get that kind of doting from the ones that live right here. Love you.
you're such a great person!! You sure do a lot of service for a lot of people! :)
Probably frustrating to not get things done as planned, but overall satisfying to be able to DO so much. I too was running around like a mad woman this weekend. I was plotting the days until I could get some decent sleep. (Still haven't, oh well)
Post a Comment