Honey Bee

Friday, February 8, 2008

Planning for a Wild Weekend


The theme of my weekend is going to be "Getting My Affairs in Order." Not the extra-marital kind. Not the I-just-got-news-I'm-gonna-die-kind-of-affairs either. More like the getting my bootie in gear to strike some stuff off my unending to do list.

The biggest one is to organize my home office area and all of the paperwork and documents that relate to our life. I need to create new files for all of my new appliances especially the dishwasher because he is my best friend! I know where everything is in a pinch despite my unorthodox filing system (also known as random piles neatly hidden in drawers, baskets and boxes). But if I was hit by a bus tomorrow then Dane wouldn't even know where to find our bank balance or my life insurance papers or directions for the air conditioner should it break down which would not be good for enduring a North Carolina summer, AKA “summer in Hades”.

I have been telling myself that I would tackle this for weeks. So this weekend I’m going to roll up my sleeves and dive in. Dangerous you say, why yes it is dangerous because there are mountains to tackle and stuff to squash and entities to thwart. However I will face the piles of papers and files and boxes equipped with a most formidable side kick. The Robin to my Batman. Ethel to my Lucy. Watson to my Holmes. Boots to my Dora. You get the picture. But it is hard not to get carried away when I have fallen in love with ... my label maker. I got this dandy little number to help me tackle my desk here at work. I am so organized now that I am being asked to organize my boss, of course that is part of my job anyway.

I can't even tell you what joy this little fabulous piece of heaven brings to this type-A girl's world. I am label-crazed. Everything will be labeled. Every envelope. Every binder. Every box. Every file within every box. Even the label maker ... "Holley’s Label Maker!” Hundreds and hundreds of uber-organized labels. I will take pictures to show you my new ultra-cool, ultra-organized area so that you can learn from the new organizing Jedi Master!

It could get out of hand, but I don’t care! Brien and Wes are both doing the teenage avoid mom and hang out with their friends thing so it will be me and “Able” the label machine! I hope you all have a very fascinating and organized weekend.

I know, I need Help!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, Barbie, the dishwasher is NOT your best friend--not even a friend at all. He'll turn on you, just wait and see. And if you were going to pick an appliance for the recipient of your undying devotion, I suuurrre don't know why you'd pick something that's as redundant, and therefore useless as the dishwasher. And another thing, Barbie, you are deeefinitely NOT an A-type girl, so finish reading this and go take your reality pill that I prescribed for you.

Yours Truly,
Dr. Cox

P.S. Thanks, at least for the Holmesian reference. Yes, I know that was for your husband, and that was very nice of you.

Katie said...

It just doesn't get any better than this folks! No kids and labeling till your hearts content. When we moved into our townhouse in Provo, everything had labels...fruit, veggies, spices, broom, mop....you get the picture. My all time favorite was a "misc." label in the shed out back. Now let's all ponder that one.

Anonymous said...

I know this makes me sick, but that sounds like fun. It really does. Not the organizing part, but the playing with a new labler part. I can picture my files now, the nasty old should-be-thrown-in-the-trash files, redone with beautiful new labels. I envy you, and I expect pictures of your OCD weekend.

Jules said...

Have fun and when you're done can you label my house? I have a few labels, but most of my files are handwritten, pretty pathetic.

Julie J. said...

I too have a label maker that I love. I have been neglecting it for the last 6 years or so, but every once in a while I get the urge to go crazy with it.
Um, by any chance, do you guys wastch SCRUBS?

Blog Archive