I have been in a mood lately! A mood I tell you! It's one of THOSE moods! Then to top it off I think I am getting a cold and that makes me and my nose very, very unhappy and it makes me even more tired of the world and all of the crap that we deal with on a daily basis because of stupid people. I just have not had it in me to be very tolerant in my head about people lately.
To top it all off there was this big storm that was supposed to come and blast us with wintery weather a lot of wintery weather. I love wintery weather. I can never get enough of wintery weather. The news people got me all excited. I spent 1/2 the day yesterday preparing for it both at work and then for home. I braved the crush of people at the grocery store buying bread, milk and beer for their winter weather imprisonment. I shopped for my father-in-law and made sure that he was all taken care of so that I could relax and enjoy the wintery weather.
So I write this with an unhappy nose and a mood in my office that should have been closed due to wintery weather. I could so use a day off that wouldn't make my boss mad at me.
I just love waking up at 4:30 in the morning by snot. Such a lovely way to start the day. I could take benadryl, but because my job requires me to use some actual brain neurons that was not an option, and benadryl would leave me totally non-functional. I could take one of the cold pills in the medicine box, but they're a joke.
What I really want is real sudafed, so that I won't have one nostril leaking gallons and the other one so clogged up that I'm convinced snot is going to push my brain right out through my ear.
Of course, thanks to all the idiot meth cookers, I can't have real sudafed unless I make an appointment with a doctor to verify the state of my nose and get a prescription. Oh sure, I could sneak across the border, buy some sudafed, and bring it back concealed somewhere safe, but living in outer mongolia (North Carolina) means I'm not really near any borders. Plus, then I would be illegally using a controlled substance.
I just want a real sudafed. Just one. I don't want to turn my house into a bomb waiting to happen so I can brew up a batch of fertilizer, gas, household cleaners, and whatever else goes into meth (oh yeah, sudafed too) so I can shoot it up into my veins and become a toothless zombie turning tricks on the streetcorners so I can get my fix of doctored up Windex.
I just want my nose back. And I can't have that because the world is full of idiots who have abused the system and taken away my right to a dry nose.
Thank you stupid meth cookers and users. Thank you so very much. The bit of my nose still left after wiping it 4,298 times in the last half an hour thanks you too. The rest of my nose fell off after too much wiping caused it to chap and shred or it would thank you too.
I warned you that it was one of THOSE moods!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are so funny! I am laughing my head off right now. I needed that today :) So the question is do we ever get to see you? Do you have any big trips planned to Utah? I wish I could say we were coming that way sometime but I doubt it. Brady and Easton told me they want to meet their Aunt Holley!
I too have issues with the cold medicines taken off the market because of the meth people. I told my doctor there was no longer any good medicines to give my kids, so he gave me a prescription for narcotic cough syrup. I love the stuff, but isn't that funny that we can't get the mild stuff because of the druggies, so they give us the drugs.
You can still purchase Sudafed at any pharmacy - you just have to ask for it at the pharm counter, like getting a plain brown bag or something. They have it behind the counter instead of on the open store shelves. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Post a Comment