
There is a hole in my heart today. I’ve not felt like this since the passing of my Grandpa White, yet I am happy that our beloved President Hinckley has made his journey to the other side of the veil and is reunited with his beloved Marjorie and his Lord and Savior, whom he spent a majority of his years serving.
I will miss President Hinckley’s enthusiasm for life, his kindness and compassion and his ability to speak about the gospel in such a way that it made me feel as if he were speaking directly to me, for me and about me.
I have been having some struggles lately and have found myself drawn to many of his former talks. They always comfort me and give me guidance.
There is one quote that has been rolling around in my head lately.
“Remember!—It is christianity TO DO GOOD always—even to those who do evil to us. It is christianity to love our neighbour as ourself, and to do to all men as we would have them Do to us. It is christianity to be gentle, merciful, and forgiving, and to keep those qualities quiet in our own hearts, and never make a boast of them, or of our prayers or of our love of God, but always to shew that we love Him by humbly trying to do right in everything. If we do this, and remember the life and lessons of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and try to act up to them, we may confidently hope that God will forgive us our sins and mistakes, and enable us to live and die in Peace”
President Hinckley was someone who strived to always “Do Good.” His legacy will live on and I am grateful to have had his example to follow and lead me through this difficult life. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
5 comments:
You said it perfectly, there is a hole in my heart also. President Hinckley was a true Christian. I will miss him.
I love that quote! I love your tribute....you said it perfectly. You reminded me of my favorite quote that I will now add to my blog. :)
Well said. He will be greatly missed.
I think we all will always hold a special place in our hearts for President Hinckley. Thanks for sharing that quote with us. He will be missed!
We should all remember that President Hinckley was admired by secular leaders and other religious leaders. Maybe it is something about the way he lived his religion, maybe it's something about Christianity, or maybe it's his own spirituality. I like to think he had something in common with humankind. In that sense, even non-mormons can mourn his loss.
Post a Comment