Honey Bee

Thursday, December 6, 2007

TRADITION.....TRADITION!!!



I just found out an ugly truth. It's heinous, y'all (remember that’s North Carolinian for you all). I'm warning you, this could be upsetting to preschoolers, senior citizens and housewives who live in denial. Come closer, it's so bad I have to whisper it:

There are some people (at least two that I know of, but I have a feeling there may be more) who have never seen White Christmas.

I'll give you a minute.... let the wailing and gnashing of teeth commence.

Why, I ask, why? Singing, dancing, love, war, phony engagements, cross-dressing, excessive use of metaphors involving knights on horses, yuletide cheer, and snow. What more could you want in a movie? I know what you're thinking: little red and white child ballerinas. It's got that too!

I'm asking that we all come together to mend this wound of our nation. Spread the word. Increase awareness. Deadbolt the doors and force viewings of the movie on your unsuspecting relatives.

It's that important, y'all.

Oh and confidential to my trophy husband.... you will watch It’s A Wonderful Life with me and you will reflect on exactly how “wonderful” your life is because I’m your wife. I don’t care how many times you’ve seen it. In the immortal words of Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof, TRADITION!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put me on the list of naysayers and antiamericans. I have never seen White Christmas. I couldn't even answer julie's online poll about favorite christmas movies because I have never seen one of them, no not one.

I'm a commie, its true...

Heather said...

Yeah...me too! Never seen White Christmas or any of the Christmas ones on Julie's poll. It's horrible...i know.

Anonymous said...

I have to reflect on how wonderful my life is because you're my wife?! When am I NOT reflecting on that?! It's the permanent state of my existence! DUH!

But let me join the others in admitting I haven't seen White Christmas. The cross-dressing thing? I don't want to know. If you want to know why, Sweetie, refer back to those blogs about the true meaning of Christmas.

I know you're joking, Sweetie. As I read this blog it was amazing how much it sounded like a preview in the movie theatre as if White Christmas was going to open for the first time next Friday. I could almost here the voice of that ONE preview guy they use exclusively (apparently) in Hollywood.

Maybe you could put your talent to work writing preview scripts?

Julie J. said...

I've never seen White Christmas.... But I'll be sure to before the new year.

Blog Archive