Honey Bee

Friday, November 2, 2007

Homeowner

Today it is official! I now own a home or at least I will own a home in 30 years! I will upload pictures as soon as the power companies stop fighting over me. Actually the fight was settled today and I will have electricity by Wednesday! Then I can finally move in!!!!! Just in time for my parents to come and visit me. Thank goodness because my parents are really good sports and probably wouldn't complain, but it will be nice to have lights on in the house when they get there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I always love the telemarketing calls that ask if I am the homeowner. Sometimes I say now, because technically the mortgage company owns the home. That way I don't have to deal with the lousy phone calls at dinner time.

Can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie,
I'm not sure I want power on any more. Not after the whole family having such a great time in the dark over there last night, and with the beautiful sky out back? What do you think? We can rough it.

And Jeanna,
You don't even need to think up technicalities when it comes to telemarketers! Just lie. Anyone who disturbs dinner just out of their own self-interest to sell you something deserves it, wouldn't you say? You go, girl! ;-)

Katie said...

The best thing about that is having your mom to help you organize....she really does have a talent for that. She made the statement that she has to be organized "so she can work here." That's when I had the ah ha moment of a housewife's office is her home and especially kitchen...am I slow or what?! :)Katie

Blog Archive