Honey Bee

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

5 Family Members, 3 Drivers, 2 Cars


You know that song by Nat King Cole “Unforgettable, that’s what you are...” well apparently he was not describing ME.

Yesterday was one of those days that when you look back on it, it will be really funny, but while it’s happening.... not so funny!

I woke up with a really band headache that morning and so I decided to take a couple of hours off from work and sleep in. I got the boys up for school and had Brien drive them, since he was going to his SAT Prep class after school and needed a car anyway. About 2 hours later, I got up and went to work, however this left Dane without a car. Being the good wife that I am, and knowing that he had errands to run for his father, who recently came to live with us, I brought the car back home around lunch time so that they could get that stuff taken care of. DANE DROVE ME BACK TO WORK!

The last thing I said to Dane before getting out of the car was “Pick me up at 5pm and we’ll go to Wesley’s soccer game together.” He acknowledged this and gave me a kiss and away I went back into my office.

If you’ve ever wondered if husbands really listen, I now have proof that they DON’T!

Dane went about the rest of his day and apparently completely forgot that I existed. He remembered the soccer game and went to the school. In his defense, the original plan was to meet behind the school so that Brien could have a car for his SAT class and we could watch the game together. As it turns out, the soccer game was canceled and he luckily stumbled upon Wesley while roaming around the stadium. Even when Wes asked “Are you going to pick-up Mom from work?”, his brain still denied my existence, so he and Wes went home.

Around 6pm, I’ve now been stuck at work for an hour— which in my book amounts to cruel and unusual punishment, I call him at home (we only have one cell phone and I have possession of it). Phone rings and dear hubby picks it up.

Dane: “Hi” (we have caller ID so he knows it’s me)

Hi

Dane: “Where are you?”

At work!

Dane” “Why are you there?”

BECAUSE I DON’T HAVE A CAR!

Dane: “Oh ........ yeah, I’ll be right there”

Ok, any suggestions on what I should exact as retribution for his crime, roses, diamonds, hour-long foot massages, all of the above?

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Okay Dane, this goes under the what were you thinking category.Yikes dude, you better have a great plan in the works to make this up to her. I know life gets busy and sometimes the little things get left by the wayside, but not your wife. Pony up, you got some 'splaining to do Lucy!

Blog Archive