Honey Bee

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

No Soup for Me!

Hi Mom,

So I have a question for you. When you were my age (peri-menopausal) did you talk to yourself a lot? Did you hold entire conversations in your head while people were staring at you? I find myself doing that a lot lately. Like today for instance, I had to go to a lunch meeting and we were eating at a place where you get your choice of soup or salad with your meal. I really wanted the salad, but somehow got talked into the soup even though its like 100 degrees and there's a pollen explosion happening outside.

So here is how it went in my head!

Waiter:  Would you like soup?
Me:  No.
Waiter:  I must insist!  The soup is excellent!
Me:  Soup is all flavor and no substance.  I do not like soup (actually I do, just not when its hot outside. I'm more of a winter soup eater)
Waiter: I bet you like broccoli and cheese.  I’m going to blend this broccoli and cheese until it’s mush and then add a gallon of water.  Okay?
Me:   I don’t want you to add water to my food.  I do that myself.  It’s called ‘spit’.
Waiter:  How about some potato soup?  We warm up some water and then we wave a baked potato near it for a few minutes.  You’ll love it!
Me:  No.
Waiter:  How about some thin gruel?  It’s all the rage in Europe.
Me:  Please leave me alone about the soup.
Waiter: We’ll plop some ice in it for you.  Make it a nice ‘summer gruel’.
Me:  Listen, the only soup I like is soup with big chunks in it and even then I only eat the chunks.  It’s only good if it’s boiled so much the water evaporates and it becomes a solid again so why don’t we just skip the middle-man and you just bring me some solid food?
Waiter:  Ah.  I’ll bring you a bisque.
Me:  You’ll bring me your death warrant and a machete!

This is how the conversation went in real life:
Waiter:  Would you like soup?
Me:  No.
Waiter:  It’s quite good.
Me:  *sigh*  Okay.

So is a symptom of menopause an overactive imagination? Is it
caused by night sweats because I've been having a ton of those. I wish they would give me my hormone patch back.

Anyone else reading...feel free to chime in!

Hope you are having a good week. Love you!

No comments:

Blog Archive