Hi Mom,I read this really great book the other day called "The Fault in Our Stars." You should read it when you get home...but don't read it now because I don't think its missionary fare. But anyone else reading this...go...run...read this book. It's really good. But be warned....make sure you have plenty of Puffs tissues on hand. The kind with the lotion because those don't chap your nose and believe me you will be blowing your nose...a lot!
So I was reading the book last night and this happened.
Dane: Holley! I could hear you sobbing all the way on the other side of the house. What’s wrong?
me: This book. It’s so.incredibly. sad.
Dane: Seriously? You’re sobbing over a book?
me: It’s terrible and beautiful and perfect and I’m pretty sure I’m never going to stop crying.
Dane: The Fault in Our Stars? huh? It says it’s about terminal cancer patients in the very first sentence. Why would you even read that? You can’t watch Doctor Who without crying.
me: No one with a soul can watch Doctor Who without occasionally crying. And besides, it’s a teen book. I thought it would be like Twilight, but with slightly less vampires.
Dane: Seriously? It’s just a book. Calm down. These people are all imaginary. Remember the lessons we learned from Mr. Rogers....Real....Imaginary.
me: AND THEY’RE MY FRIENDS. ALL OF MY IMAGINARY FRIENDS ARE VERY SICK, DANE, AND I’D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU’D RESPECT THE GRAVITY OF THE SITUATION.
Dane: You are so confusing.
Conclusion: Dane doesn’t understand how books work.
P.S. The week Pat is gone...do you want me to come be your companion? Because if you do, then you'll have to buy me an plane ticket. But Mom, I would totally sacrifice that for you, if that's what you wanted of course!
1 comment:
I just requested the book from my library. I'm number 7 in the queue so it could potentially be a while, but it looks like they are in the process of putting another copy in the system, so the wait could go more quickly than expected.
You are right, Dane must not understand how books work.
Post a Comment