A co-worker and I were walking across campus this morning to a meeting. It’s a really beautiful day here in the Sunny South so we decided that we would skip our way over to our meeting.
As we tried to decide whether we should burst into song during our skipping celebration, we noticed a guy hopping along down the sidewalk near us. Thinking we had found a kindred soul, co-worker says, "Look, he's skipping, too!" Upon closer inspection, we realized that he had somehow sliced his foot open and was hopping over to Student Health. It just wasn't the same, so we didn't include him in our celebration.
Oh, and if you are an older female (like me by comparison on a college campus), I found that it's best not to choose "I’ve Got a Crush" as your song. I think I scared the fraternity boys.
“Its not that you’re attractive…But, oh, my heart grew active…When you came into view”
Gotta love a little Frank Sinatra in the mornings! Skipping and singing are a better stimulant than caffeine!
P.S. Sandy?!! I’m proud to say that I’ve kicked my evil caffeine habit and I’m drinking so much water I pee clear. Was that too much information?
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love it! I can picture it and it makes me all kinds of happy!
Now that's just adorable. There's no other word for it. Adorable.
Sydney skips just about every where she goes, so I thought of her when I read this. From your last post, I think I may be guilty of interjecting my own stories when someone tells me there's. I need to work on that. I will say that I also agree with the sucktitude of the situation and I rarely try to fix. I have a friend who is a fixer and to be honest I rarely tell her my problems anymore, not that I really have any.
BTW, we got you message the other day, but the kids were gone to Gymnastics so we couldn't call back. We will try to do that this weekend.
By the way, today I did the "gallop." I needed to see over a six foot fence to see the clouds better on our morning walk. I started galloping and it was fun. I think tomorrow I should do a little skipping to break up the monotony and to add some childlike glee into my walk.
Water, water, water. sometimes when I think I am hungry I really am just thirsty. I think Caffeine begs for food. So do diet drinks. Good for you.
In my office here at BYU we do alot of research on what Russians spend their cig money on when they quit smoking or would spend on if they quit smoking. What do you spend your money on now that you don't drink caffeine?
Post a Comment