Sometimes I just can't believe my eyes. I think I am adjusting to my adult life. But then something happens! Yes, yes, I know there are things I have to adjust to as I get older. But my brain is imploding and I just can't think anymore. I just need to know one thing...It is still SUMMER. IT IS ONLY AUGUST RIGHT??????
The human mind can only absorb so much before it shuts down especially when you are trying to stay away from the magic that is Diet Coke. I was at Michael’s Craft store today because I had to get the most recent version of our alumni magazine framed for the president as his picture is on the cover. This very morning and I kid you not....I still am in shock...I saw ...I saw a display for Halloween and Fall decorations and…Halloween Candy!
I am used to the annual Christmas space/time distortion that starts mid October. You can get a Santa Suit and your Halloween costume all at once. Saves a ton of time.
Even Easter items coming out in February. That makes sense also. Who can keep track of when Easter will be year to year. (Who decides that anyway? Hallmark?)
But this my overfull, menopausal, insane mother, brain could not absorb. To all retailers out there: I will not be buying any Halloween candy or Pilgrims and Fall leaves before October! It is time for a consumer revolt. Will you join me?
Unless of course the candy is on sale for a really good price. Then we can talk.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm with you! I can't buy the candy until the day of or I'll eat it all.
When I see Christmas stuff out in October, I get super ticked. Why can't we all just bask in the glory that is Halloween people? And then there is a radio station that blares Christmas music starting in October. I feel like banning that station forEVER, but they are the ones that gave us a free trip to Disneyland a couple years ago. {pout}
Post a Comment