Honey Bee

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Airborne or Maybe I've lost some weight?

So, I fell the other day.

I was at work, walked out my office door on my way to the parking lot…you know so that I could drive my car home as I do every day.

I'm not sure what exactly happened, but when it was over, I was face down in the landscaping:





I will now be known as GRACE, the artist formerly known as Holley.

It must have been some kind of amusing to see, but sadly, no one did. At least I’ve not received any incriminating blackmail photos taken on somebody’s cell phone. If somebody does try and blackmail me, I hope they'll ask for my first-born! (Just kidding...sort of)

I actually covered a lot of distance with this move.

It was several yards from where I'm pretty sure gravity surged to where I eventually ended up.

I've been having trouble with my left knee (Dr. Google tells me I have an MCL problem), and when I went down, I wrenched it something fierce.

I remained on the ground for a bit to check and see if I was still alive, and when that assessment came up positive, I next thought, "Wow, that couldn't have been good for my knee."

I hoisted myself up and went about my business.

A few minutes later, I realized my knee felt a lot better than it did before I fell.

Why no, there is no point to this story, but thanks for playing.

Happy almost Easter everyone!

2 comments:

Julie J. said...

I love the picture of your face plant....Get it? Face P
lant! HaHaHa!


I'm glad you weren't terribly injured... Gravity and I have been enemies in the past and I'm sure in the future too.

Sandy said...

That is interesting that you mention your knee felt better. When I was commuting to work onthe train from Gilroy to Palo Alto I fell off the train once. I missed a step coming down and landed right on both of my knees on the sidewalk. I was stunned at first and could barely hear people talking to me and asking if they could help me up. With two men on either side of me I was lifted up and escorted over to a station bench. And then left alone after I assured them I would be fine. I sat there for about 15 minutes waiting for the pain to start and the throbbing. I slowly made my way over to the shuttle stop and made my way home from Gilroy to Hollister on the shuttle. I actually had little pain, but big bruising. And for years my knees have never felt so good. I honestly beleive it was the Lord giving me an adjustment that he knew was needed so I could carry on my life as I knew it.

Blog Archive