Hello? United States Federal Government? It's me - Holley - one of your stockholders. I'm taking over. You people have messed up for the last time. I’m so tired of partisan politics. We have gotten so far away from what our Founding Father’s envisioned for us.
I'm angry. I'm disappointed. And I'm on a mission. Here's what's going to happen.
Remember back on November 3, we the American people hired you to do a job. A job that will require ethics (so you better find some), morality (again search really deep) and an ability to make hard decisions. So here is what you are going to do.
First, to all members of the Senate and House of Representatives - you're going to grow a spine. And not just any little wimpy spine. A spine equal to that of a parent who has to tell her kid who has worked so hard throughout school that there might not be enough money for college. Or equal to the one the Mom has, who lost her husband in Iraq, and has to go wake her kids up and get them dressed for school. Or, maybe one similar to the elderly man who has to decide this month if he will eat each day or buy his medicine. Yeah, you are each going to grow a spine like that.
And then you're going to use it. You are going to pass some new laws. One that says that pillaging and plundering a company's assets and then turning to the American people to bail you out is grand larceny. And you're going to figure out laws to shoot holes in those golden parachutes and give that money back to me, and all of my fellow Americans. You are going to stand up to your own party and friends and refuse to pass economic stimulus bills with money for pet projects and items we don't need and can't afford…after all its not you who will be paying back the multi-trillion dollar debt…it’s our children… how dare you be so cavalier with their future. You are going to treat us, your bosses, with respect and remember whose money you're throwing around out there. And if you take special interest money from any source, we're going to tattoo their names on your naked backside and reinstate public embarrassment punishments such as chaining you up in the stocks. And we're going to show that to the world. If that would embarrass you, don't take their money.
Next Federal Government you are going to practice some tough love. You are going to seize all the assets of the CEO’s, CFO’s and anyone else involved in the failed institutions with a $15 million golden parachute (or any parachute with the word million), including homes, foreign assets, art, cars, furniture and clothes that are not from Target or Wal-Mart — including the college fund for their kids. Sorry - the whole sins of the father thing. And also because thanks to their irresponsible and unethical actions, a lot of middle class kid’s college funds are gone, so it seems fair to me. Finally, ban these people from working in the financial industry for all eternity.
In exchange for jail time, they should be given a minimum wage job so that they too could have the joy of earning a living and not be a further drain on American resources. In the immortal words of President Bush, “they can do the jobs other Americans won’t do.” Better yet, turn their posh mansions into homeless shelters, their closets into discount clothing stores and use their cash assets to set-up food pantries all around the country.
In exchange for you doing your job, we the American people are going to work hard. Be innovative and creative. We’re going to recognize that we live in the greatest country in the world. We are going to pull together and support and respect our leaders.
We are going to teach our children about the mechanics of money and about respect. Our local school system will teach kids the fundamentals of economics, credit and compounding interest. Parents are going to model the importance of saving and teach children about the consequence of buying things you can’t afford with money you don’t have.
Lastly, you are going to pass a law the makes it illegal for credit card companies to send you unsolicited applications and blank checks. You are going to force the banking industry to eliminate ATM fees and force them to pay a “FAIR” rate of return on all monies borrowed so that we can build up our savings accounts.
Committed, Serious and Sincere,
Citizen Holley
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sounds good, but Obama just secretly signed a bill that will now aid orther countries in performing abortions, all in the name of helping the aids crisis. How about we pay our own bills and not worry whether other countries can kill innocent babies.
We are in trouble and you hit the nail on the head. Someone definitely needs to get a backbone.
I love your blog. You are such a great writer. I'm usually a lurker but I just have to say thank you for writing this post...that is EXACTLY how I feel! I'm glad it is "out there"...I wish it was going to make a difference in the big picture but just you writing it and me reading it...makes a difference to me. Thanks...I'll go back to lurking again.
What wonderful details of a simple solution to a major problem. It all sounds so simple when put into words like you have done so wisely and therefore makes it more difficult for us to understand why they can't just get it done!! Again, a job well done. I have not commented but your blog has been a life saver a couple of times with the amazing way you put the thoughts of so many of us into words. It makes great reading at 3:00 in the morning and really makes it easier to deal with to know that others are going through the same ordeal. Thanks and keep up the great work (words) it is better then the hundreds of dollars for therapy.
LOVE it! You said it perfectly. I am so sick and tired of no justice or consequences...so it seems. I really wish there would be harsher punishment for the corrupt financial CEOs instead of another handout from Uncle Sam. I just don't understand why some of your ideas can't get put into action...AHHH!
By the way, we are voting for you to come the end of April so Gary can see you before he has to take off for his LAST semester...i read your comment on Kelly's blog...BUSTED!
Way to go Holley! Well Said. I am commanding that you get this letter typed out get it into the mail and send it to congress. They need to hear this. You really have spoken for so many people out there. I vote you for President. Can we impeach Obama? I wanted to give him a chance, but I have not been impressed with the things he has done already and he has only been in office for a week in a half. Can we please fix our problems first before we try to fix the world? I am all for trying to help the world but we have to help ourselves first.
Thanks again for putting it so eloquently. I am completely serious though, if you don't send out this letter than I will.
Somebody needs a vacation!!!
I love it! It should be published.
Post a Comment