Hello Everyone,
My life has spiraled out of my control. I am like to little butter spread over too much bread.
Last week my father-in-law had joint replacement surgery and so I spent almost all of last week either at my job or at the hospital. The operation went well and he is recovering nicely, however it was necessary to move him to a rehabilitation center for further treatment. He is feeling a bit lonely. So Dane and I have had to continue making several visits to him.
I got a big promotion at work to project manager which translates to a nice raise in pay, however my workload has exploded exponentially and I'm now surrounded by 4 inboxes that are filled to capacity. I keep churning out the work, but it never seems to go away. Ordinarily, this would not bother me. I'm of the opinion that since I have to work and help out with the family finances, I might as well have a job that challenges me. However,these past two weeks have been a huge exercise in the juggling act that we Mom's must do. I don't care if you WORK at home or a job or both, we mother's have to juggle so much. We are information central for the entire family. I love my husband dearly, but he would be lost if he had to remember all of the medical history for each family member, social security numbers and other pertinent data.
I have several family members descending on me this week for Brien's graduation. I am happy to report that my house is clean and ready, but only because I've stayed up until past midnight the last couple of days to get everything done. You know what it's like when your mother comes to visit... you want to show her that she taught you well. I also have the honor of having my Grandma White come and I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have her... but the pressure I put on myself to make everything perfect is silly. I know this intellectually, but I do it to myself anyway.
As if that is not enough pressure and excitement for one woman, my dear sweet son who is about to graduate decided that he was driving in the Indy 500 on Sunday afternoon and nearly killed himself. He lost control of the car and ran off the road and ended up tangled up among trees in a ravine. Had things or timing been off by even one second, we would be having a funeral instead of a graduation celebration. Brien has some very important work to do because his Guardian Angel and his Heavenly Father was really with him that day. For all of you who have children, Heavenly Father does hear and answer prayers. I testify to you that it is absolutely one of the most critical things a parent must do for their children. I pray every day for my boys to be watched over and kept safe from all manner of dangers and temptations. I have been so blessed.
So now we are down to one car, which may or may not be totaled; we'll find out later, and a Summer filled with plans and activities that are going to have to be re-evaluated.
So in light of everything going on, I will not be blogging for several days. When I come back, I'll post pictures of all of our excitement.
I love you all! Please keep our family in your prayers these next few days.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yikes! As if you don't have enough going on! I sure hope Brien has learned a valuable lesson. I think it is interesting how we think we are so indestructable when we are young.
Good luck with the next little while, I know having your family there will be so much fun for you. Enjoy!!!
Sounds like a crazy week or couple of weeks. I'm glad Brien is ok. I love your posts. They are the best.
I'm glad to hear Brien is o.k. When Justin was younger he decided to "race" one of his friends. The worst part of it all is that they were going down hill and Justin was going AGAINST traffic. (had there been any!) Needless to say a TON of cops showed up and he got in BIG trouble. That's probably the one thing he did as a kid that was "bad." But like you said, had one thing been different we could have ended up having his funeral! Heavenly Father sure watches over us! (even when we don't watch over ourselves!)
Post a Comment