I leaned into the computer screen to get a closer look at this Miley person. It turns out that she is 15. I’m sure she’s a remarkable young lady and all having worked so hard at being born to someone semi-famous, but really, what memories and wisdom can one have possibly accumulated at age 15? Other than don’t let Annie Liebowitz take your picture. And is it any surprise that she’s already had to come out and apologize to the public for letting down her fans. I don’t know what society expects. When you take a beautiful, talented young lady. Give her more money than she could ever spend in a lifetime, build her up so high and tell her all day every day how perfect she is, how can you truly be surprised that it would go to her head and she would stumble off of her pedestal? I think its criminal how obsessed people are about celebrity and how much delight they take in watching someone self-destruct.
This is not a rant about the plight of celebrity kids because I actually feel sorry for them. They have been thrust into the limelight by their families and have been put in the position of family bread-winner. It’s really a shame that all of their mistakes in life have to be front-page news. When I think of my own life I shudder to think of what my memoirs would have been like.
Here’s an example of what my memoir at age 15 would look like:
I was born. Nothing happened until I was two.
When I was two my younger sister was born and almost like clockwork every two or three years later another sibling arrived further removing me from being the center of attention.
Age 3-5: The Stupid Years With a side of Sister and brother. During these golden years, I spent most of my time doing dumb stupid stuff like losing my sister and causing her to almost have her big toe amputated. Sometimes I got creative with the scissors while playing “Beauty Parlor” and I had a really exciting adventure when I tried to render myself deaf by putting tiny blue & pink beads into my ears from a broken toy necklace.
Age 6-9: The Stupid Years With A Side of Barbie and the Osmonds
These years mostly consisted of playing Barbie and fighting and making up with my two neighborhood friends Kim and Mara. When I wasn’t fighting and making up with Kim and Mara, we were choreographing our own version of the Donny & Marie Show in the driveway on our roller-skates. I always had to be Jimmy Osmond and only got to make brief appearances at the end of the show. I have since learned how to be more assertive. Who knew that 30 years later Donny Osmond would be a neighbor of my Grandma. And a little gossip, my Grandma says you can never invite Donny Osmond to a party because someone will always end up in the pool.
Age 10-15: The Stupid Years With A Side of Puberty
Take one artsy, highly sensitive
Age 40 and Beyond: Still stupid after all these years, but now with a two teenage gorillas nipping at my heels.
5 comments:
Thanks for taking responsibility for the toe, it hasn't been the same since. You have a great memory. I can't write my memoirs because I have blocked out most of my childhood. I really don't remember much. I think your right how much can a 15 year old really say about life. McKell does like her, but we can't go see her at the Stadium of Fire because all the tickets went to people who wanted to sell them for profit, what a beautiful world we live in.
My mom has a neighbor who bought a BUNCH of tickets to Stadium this year. My mom called to see if maybe she could buy two tickets so she could take Sav with her. The lady "put her on the list." Whatever. I would love for my daughter to do something so fun and exciting for her, but I won't be shedding any tears if it doesn't happen.
As for my personal memoirs, they would be pretty dang short. I have forgotten a ton of stuff.
I liked your memoirs though!
I would never want my memoirs published! At least not ages 15-17. Those were the worst! I think every 15 year old thinks they know it all. I thought I did!! :) I really hope my parents didn't wish that I get one exactly like myself. In all seriousness though... who would wish that on their kids? By the time they've grown up they will have realized what an immature, un-grateful teenager they were and will only hope they DONT get one like them.
I was taken back by the whole Miley Cyrus thing too. My sister commented that she looks so young that it looks like she has fruit punch stain on her mouth instead of lipstick. Seriously with her back so skinny it looks like kiddie porn. Sad story all the way around. I'm glad that she did apologize hopefully she (parents) will get a hold of things now before it all escalates into a Lindsay, Brittany, or Paris ordeal. It just blows my mind that our society wants so bad to be famous that they'll compromise just about anything.
I have to agree that I would die if all my faults were displayed publicly. This is why I've opted to decline many acting contracts.
At first I was sad that we wouldn't be attending Stadium of Fire but another sister reminded me of the chaos that would be at the stadium with thousands of teenage girls chanting Hannah Montana and sporting her newest t-shirt and guitar.
I agree it is sad how obsessed people get with stars. I went to get my hair cut by a different girl than I usually do. I told her I wanted to tighty up my A-line and trim the rest. She says "so you want the Katie Holmes Haircut, I have been doing that a lot lately" Well I got bugged and said" actually I believe I had this haircut before Katie, so maybe we should call it the Lindsay hair cut". Then I thought gee maybe I should change my haircut, just so I'm not in the Katie Holmes trend. But what to do, when you have really curly hair, 4 kids and no time to do it long, Oh yeah and a husband who likes it how I have it ?
Post a Comment