Honey Bee

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Big Brother is Alive and Well

Until recently I've never really given much thought to how much the Government knows about you. I had to do a secret service background check and be finger printed for the big events today. When they brought up my information on their computer, everything was there. What my maiden name was, who my parents are, my brothers and sisters, my husband and children. It made me feel a little bit uneasy and I can sort of see why some people complain about the Government's ability to spy on us or have all of our personal information. But then the secret service guy just said, you're a pretty BORING person. That made me feel really good because who wants to be boring right? But what he was really saying is that I've not got any troublesome skeletons in my closet at least not any that would necessitate being searched and sniffed by the dogs.

Then I got to thinking about 9/11 and how the government has been taking more opportunities to check out the public at large. If you have nothing to hide, then really you don't have to worry about anything. I would gladly sacrifice some of my so called civil liberties for more peace of mind that my family was going to be kept safe. But again like I said before, we can't trust in the government to keep us safe, we are to look to the Lord and He will never let us down. So I will continue to render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and me and my house will serve and trust in the Lord.

Hope you all have a good day. Maybe I'll be able to post a picture of me with President Clinton, not that any of you would really care. Hope your day is as interesting as mine is shaping up to be.

No comments:

Blog Archive