Honey Bee

Monday, February 4, 2008

Sensational 17


As I was driving to work this morning, I spotted a man jogging with his dog.

I didn’t take notice of the man, but the dog caught my eye. It was a Yellow Lab. I took a second look in my rear view mirror as I drove slowly past. In his mouth, the dog had a dirty tennis ball. He had his tail high in the air. He seemed to be smiling. He would occasionally look up at his master, step a little higher and wag his tail. This dog, he was radiating joy. Contentment. Happiness. He had everything he needed. He was with his most favorite person in the world and he had a toy ready in case someone wanted to play.

I think Heavenly Father put Labs on earth to remind us that we don’t really need as much as we think we do to be happy. All we really need is to be with the people we love. And maybe a toy in case someone wants to play.

My husband is a lot like that Yellow Lab, he is just happy to be with me, no matter what we do or where we are. I love my husband. I adore him. I really like him a lot. If I weren't married to him, I would still like to hang out with him because he really makes me laugh. He can make me feel as if I am the most beautiful woman on the face of the earth. He tries to support me 110% on anything I want to do and pushes me to be more than I believe I can be, because he believes I really am. He buys me sweet silly bunnies and penguins instead of appliances and always spends more on me than I would like. He doesn't make me feel guilty if I don’t get time to do laundry or even grocery shopping, he just smiles and offers to help me get it done. He puts up with my tantrums and self-centerdness and lately the hormonal mood swings and waits sometimes patiently/sometimes not for me to get over myself.

Today is our 17th wedding anniversary and it is my prayer that every day for the rest of our lives, he will know that I love him and that I will never give up trying to show him. Today I will walk about with my head held high and a grin on my face because I am lucky to be jogging along this path with my best friend.

5 comments:

Jules said...

I forgot today was your Anniversary. I remember your wedding well, congrats on 17 years that's awesome. I love Dane too, he is such a sweetheart and is so thoughtful of others. I hope you get to do some celebrating. BYW Garrett loved his package we've been meaning to call, but it's always a bad time when we think about it. Thanks for being so thoughtful and for being such an awesome Aunt. My kids talk about you a lot. Love you.

Jeanna said...

Happy Anniversary to two of the nicest people I know. I am glad that 17 years is just the beginning.

Enjoy the ride!

Kelly Boyle said...

Congrats you two. That is a huge feat. I did remember it was your anniversary. So what do I get for that? Just Kidding. I hope you have a great day. Thanks for being an awesome Husband to my awesome Sister, Dane, and for also being an awesome geek of a brother-in-law. Love you guys!
love Kelly

McGiven Family.... said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you guys!

Cote Corner said...

COngrats on getting to 17 years!! That is a HUGE deal! Happy Anniversary! I look forward to your post in 17 years from now. Titled: 34 wonderful years!

Blog Archive