President Thomas S. Monson once said “gratitude is among the noblest of virtues.” I wholeheartedly agree. A spirit of gratitude allows us to focus on heaven, even while we struggle with the challenges of earth. It places all of our experiences - negative and positive- in their proper perspective.
Thanksgiving is the appointed time for focusing on the good in our lives. In each of our days, we can find small blessings, but too often we overlook them, choosing instead to spend our time paying attention to problems. We give our energy to those who cause us trouble instead of those who bring peace.
I consider myself one of the wealthiest people in the world because I have the most wonderful family. I have two loving parents and my sisters and brothers are in a word AWESOME! But it doesn’t stop there, I also have two of the sweetest, kindest and most generous Grandmothers on earth. As I look on down the family tree I am filled with wonder and inspiration at the many, many amazing and talented people I am related to. All of you are strong and immovable! I am so proud to be a part of the McGiven/White/Johnson/Brady family! I am grateful to be a wife to the most amazing man. I am so blessed because Dane loves me in spite of all of my faults. I am grateful to be a mother and to have two strong willed sons. Although they are my biggest challenge at the moment, they are also my greatest joy! On Thanksgiving, I’m thankful for all of you. You all bring nothing but peace and comfort to my life.
Starting now, I plan to be on the lookout for the bits of pleasure in each hour, and appreciate the people who bring love and light to everyone who are blessed to know them, like all of you.
I love you all and wish a very happy Thanksgiving!
P.S. I’m signing off for the remainder of the week as I’m going to Florida to visit with some of my wonderful family. I hope all of you have an opportunity to be with those you love.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sweetie, let me be the first commenter to thank God for you in my life. You do so much for so many, yourself. I love and appreciate you so much.
D.-
Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great trip!
Post a Comment