Honey Bee

Monday, October 22, 2007

Random Weekend Stuff

Shopping at Walmart!

Hypothetically speaking, If you are pulling out of a parking space and people decide to walk directly behind your already moving vehicle, would it be wrong to just run them over?

Now to be clear, I am not advocating speeding up or steering the car in a direction that it wasn’t otherwise traveling in. Just staying the course.

At the very least I think the threat of grave bodily harm would make people walking through parking lots pick up their pace a little, instead of acting like they are strolling down the clearance aisle at Walmart.

Open letter to fellow Mebane Walmart Shoppers

Dear fellow shoppers at my local Walmart,

I will be in the store shopping with my children and my father-in-law this afternoon. Why don’t we make this experience more enjoyable for all of us. Please stay home.

Signs your kids have been watching too much TV!

They overhear a person out in public (in line at Walmart) say to someone else, “Hey, did you hear our good news?”

And one child interrupts the conversation to yell, “Did you just save a ton of money on your car insurance by switching to Geico?”

And the other child follows up with, “Yeah, baby!”

And these same children think this is a perfectly normal, rational way to respond to this question.

It is precisely these moments that make a mother proud.

Brotherly Love!

Brien broke his elbow this weekend! While discussing this in the car with Wes he says to me "Mom, you realize that Brien broke his funny bone? That means that whatever sense of humor he had just went out the window!"

5 comments:

Jeanna said...

Holley, enjoyed your post, as usual. I like your sense of humor, but I knew that already. :) Have a great Monday.

Jules said...

Holley, That's so funny because the other day we were in the car and Garrett asked me where we were going, I told him Macy's and he says to me, hey mom did you that Macy's can save you more. Gee Garrett I wasn't aware of that fact, maybe becasue I let you watch t.v. too much while I'm trying to function as a housekeeper.

Kelly Boyle said...

That's my Wes! Although he can be a smart aleck, he sure makes you laugh. I hope that Brien does get better soon though. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is the heretofore unheard from husband of the prodigal blogger. I have some comments on all of the subject matter of the "weekend stuff" blog.
Firstly, on the Walmart story: that was great and it's wonderful to feel as I read it that I was there, when you were so inspired. Mebane Walmart shoppers, you need to walk...more carefully! About the open "letter" to Mebane Walmart shoppers: Indeed, I understand the feeling behind it. I feel the same way about people staying off my highway! That is highway 54! You can use it most of the day and night. I only ask that you leave it alone for me to have a peaceful ride home from work from 12 midnight to 2 AM. No, it doesn't take me that long to get home, but I need some clearance on this. It's not like I expect solitude on the interstate or anything, just 54, ok?! Late night highway 54 users, you need to walk...period. You may think of me as... the traffic whisperer.

On the Geico story: tell me that wasn't my kids that did that! Hey, they need to walk...the plank!

On Wes' funny about Brien's funny bone. To everyone who thinks Wes is so doggone funny: stop inflating my poor boy's ego beyond recognition! Ok, I think Wes can be funny sometimes too. And I love the boy dearly. But in his natural teenage struggle to be funny, but only when it's appropriate and doesn't risk hurting someone's feelings and being a bad example, he often errs with his attemps at humor. Internationally publishing his praise as a great funny man does not tend to help him. It's hard for him to get that you are really just celebrating and expressing your love for him in general, yet do not mean to condone his being a smart aleck (thanks to Kelly for at least mentioning that). And I certainly, both know and appreciate how much you love him and show that. I think he's the greatest too, occasional smart aleck notwithstanding. Wes, you need to...well, you know. ;-)

Katie said...

Gotta love the Wal-mart experience! I could go on for hour about Wal-mart....just ask Julie. I believe i left her a lengthy voice mail one day about my experience there....yet i continue to go because the prices are so da#* LOW!
:)Katie

Blog Archive