Yesterday was one of those fairly nice convertible days. You know where you can sit in a somewhat shady spot and roll down your windows and enjoy a little peace and quiet to read and contemplate your life, without feeling like your are sitting in the 10th circle of Hades. That time is right around the corner for North Carolina, feeling like your living in Hades that is.
Comfortable spring days in your car are also a great time to get a close up look at your face in the visor mirror. Y’all (remember that’s North Carolinian for You All) can relate I’m sure. There is something about the drivers side mirror that shows you exactly where every flaw in your face is. After I ate my sandwich and read a chapter in my book, I decided to give my face an inspection.
I don't know if it is age, or hormones, or what, but my eyebrows have begun bushing up at an alarming rate. One of these days I fully expect to awaken looking like Andy Rooney.
But that's not all. Oh gah, that's not all.
While I was peering into the visor mirror and plucking and plucking and plucking and plucking, I noticed a tiny, thin hair that had gotten stuck to the side of my nose. It was about half an inch long.
I moved my tweezers over to remove the hair.
Ow! It was stuck.
That's because it was attached. It was growing. Out the side of my nose.
Huh?
What kind of awful new world have I entered where half-inch long hairs can grow out the side of my nose? And here's the best part - I didn't even notice until it was half an inch long.
And Jumping Jiminey - WHAT OTHER PREVIOUSLY HAIRLESS PARTS OF MY BODY HAVE HALF-INCH HAIR THAT I DON'T EVEN NOTICE?
This is gonna keep me up at night, I just know it. Like I needed one more thing to crowd into my overly obsessive brain!
Friday, April 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know what gets me, why didn't anyone who sees you close up notice either? I mean, I really, really look at my beloved's face. I notice gray hairs, long hairs, nose hairs, eyebrow hairs, zits, leftovers from dinner, clown mustaches, etc. etc.
How come he never notices crazy hair growth on me? and inform me like any good decent future-loving husband should?
Nose hair....on the outside. That is certainly very distressing.
I'm on my way to look in the visor mirror right now!
Post a Comment