This lake attracts ducks and Canadian Geese. I like Canadian Geese too, but our groundskeeping crew does not. Apparently when there is a large flock of Canadian Geese the sidewalks become littered with all manner of unpleasantness.
Elon is all bout image and beautiful grounds. So having Goose unpleasantness on the sidewalks is well...unpleasant.
So a couple of years ago the university purchased a pair of Swans. Swans are supposed to be the mortal enemy of Canadian Geese. Supposedly right up there with foxes and hunters.
They were supposed to be two female swans, but someone didn't check very well under the feathers because we ended up with a male and a female. Now because this here is a family blog I won't go into the details of what happens when you have a male and a female of any particular species.
All this leads me to my current obsession
Baby Swans!
That's what's right in the world Wednesday. What's right in your world today?

2 comments:
Can I count your swans as what's right in my world, too? I feel happier just seeing that picture.
If I can't count your swans, I'm going with.....my Mint Milanos.
And if I can't count food, I'm going with working in my underwear all day.
And if I can't count TMI, I'm going with the sunshine. Yep.
Sooo cute! My world is better because of that pic too...stole that from Jeanna.
What's right in my world...no bra while checking blogs and eating leftover chicken alfredo fetachini from Olive Garden for breakfast (its now 11).
There's reasons that I'm doing the above. Broox has stomach flu, Cooper is having asthma issues and just threw up a ton of mucus and I'm waiting to hear from the doctor. Hence, the reason I'm sitting here zoning out reality while my kids are glued to Shrek 2 in the background. (i just finished wiping down all the couch and floor with clorox wipes) TMI?
Post a Comment