At the behest of one of the nurses at my gynecologist’s office, I bought a copy of The Sugar Addict's Total Recovery Program. I have sworn off sugar numerous times and have pretty much decided, swearing off sucks. But the nurse said this book was different, and it does seem to be. The first step is to eat protein with breakfast. I don't have it in me to lead a revolution against my addiction. I don't have the strength to turn my habits upside down and shake them by the ankles. I don't have the will to climb that tall mental ladder, walk down the diving board of I can do it, and take a swan dive into the pool of never again. But I can eat protein with my breakfast. That I can do. So we'll see how it goes.
You know when you were in Jr. High, and you liked a guy, and you found out what his schedule was, and before 3rd period you made a mad dash to the girls bathroom, to make sure your hair was perfectly feathered like Farrah's, and to apply one more layer of Bonnie Bell Lip Smackers, and a spritz of Love's Baby Soft, and then you stood nonchalantly outside his English class, giggling a little too loudly with your friends, and totally not looking at him as he walked past? And then at lunch, you walked by his table in the cafeteria, and sat right in his line of vision, giggling a little too loudly with your friends, and totally not looking at him as he ate his mystery meat? And after doing that for 2 weeks, you're done, totally his loss, and THEN when you'd written him off, his cousin told your best friend that he was totally into you? That's pretty much where I am mentally, if recovery from sugar addiction were a cute brown-eyed boy named Charlie O'Leary.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! You crack me up, pretty much everyday.
Love the analogy. I am way too addicted to sugar as well. I have been trying to figure out how to rid myself of the need. Glenn and I decided to only eat treats on Sunday's but I am such a cheater. No self control...I tell you. Glenn is so good at it too (except frosted flakes). Good luck....I am sure you are better than you think. The rest of your family are so disciplined it is crazy.
I can't swear off things either, especially a cute boy named Charlie O'Leary, he's into me, I know he is.
So what will you fix as protein for breakfast, a grilled cheese sandwich with butter on both sides, peanut butter on toast, bacon or sausage (when will you cook this up?) eggs? let me know which one works the best. I eat at 6:15 every morning and by the time I get to work at 8:00 I am ready for second breakfast.
I was laughing at the title even before I started reading...that is freaking hilarious. Gary and I both LOVE sugar...hence our darling 5 year old who can't get enough of it either. We really do love eating. I thing its our pastime that will keep us together and keep our marriage thriving even into the retirement years unless we develop type II diabetes....
By the way, i didn't realize that Dane went to Jr High with you. HA Ha
Hi Holley will you please e-mail me at Ogie101@aol.com
Post a Comment