Honey Bee

Thursday, August 21, 2008

If you need to get something done.... Call a Woman!

Brien and I have been doing some research on coping with ADHD as a college student. All of the articles talk about organization being key and various coping skills. During our research we came across an article about 25 things every man should know (my men know about 6 or 7 of these but that’s another post).

While perusing the article we happened to get onto the topic of sexism and it just spiraled from there to all sorts of verbal mayhem.

While I am, apparently at least somewhat a man (I could do several things on that list too), I think a more important list is 25 Skills Every Woman Should Know. So I dug way down deep into my plethora (don’t you just love that word, you have to use your whole mouth to say it) of life experiences.

Here goes Holley’s list of 25 things every woman should know!!! (These are in random order)

1. Take off a bra through a shirt sleeve
2. Select the right color foundation
3. Choose the proper people to accompany you to the bathroom at a restaurant
4. Change purses with the seasons (shoes deserve a post entirely unto themselves.)
5. Describe the difference between the colors "off white", "bone", and "cream"
6. Call someone to change a tire
7. Mix patterns on furniture and clothing (wouldn’t want your visiting teacher who may be wearing a paisley skirt to get lost on your couch… it happens people!)
8. Select a trashy novel for reading at the beach or in the car while you’re waiting for sports practice to get over (Nothing like hearing “Mom, why is it so warm and sweaty in here", to jolt you out of fantasy land and restore normal respiration)
9. Keep kids busy in order to go to the bathroom alone
10. Tell the difference between real Coach purses, and, knock-offs
11. Prepare an elegant appetizer from random pantry supplies for unannounced company
12. Drive someplace unfamiliar at night in the rain with a screaming toddler in the car seat
13. Respond without obscenities to a child's midnight announcement of, "I have to bring 75 brownies to school tomorrow."
14. Find the nearest outlet mall
15. Discuss the differences between capris and cropped pants
17. Filch the phone number of a good babysitter from the neighbor and then negotiate an exclusive contract
18. Program the VCR/TIVO and set a password so that you are in ultimate control of household programming!!
19. Extract the good candy from the Halloween bags without the kids noticing
20. Make him think it's his idea
21. Actually download pictures from the digital camera
22. Create 3 or more plausible reasons to "stop by Target"
23. Make store bought bake sale goodies look home made (stickers, cheap curly ribbon and colored Saran Wrap are my friends)
24. Drive in the snow, again with a screaming toddler in a car seat
25. Surprise a child by going to Sonic for a "treat" without him knowing it's because you need a Diet Coke

OK, maybe not as pertinent as the original list, but still, a sampling of some mad skillz for wimmens, no?

3 comments:

Julie J. said...

ha ha, I'm really good at number 19.

Jeanna said...

25 is my fav. I like the kids to think I am doing them a really huge favor by offering a treat, when in reality I am in desperate need of something brown and fizzy.

Katie said...

I think my mom would love the "making him think its his idea one" and I love the driving in the rain with a screaming child as well as #25...you really need to write a book....I believe I've told you that before.

Blog Archive