Honey Bee

Friday, June 27, 2008

Watchout World tomorrow Brien will be old enough to vote!



Some of you may ask why I'm posting about Brien's birthday the day before. Well for the past week, Brien has been at Boy Scout camp and tomorrow I have to go and pick him up. Then we have to go over and put the finishing touches on his Eagle Scout project and then we have to take his Grandpa around various places and then we have to do the grocery shopping and then we have to do Grandpa's grocery shopping and then we ....... I could go on an on and on.

Because this is one of those big Birthdays, I wanted to make sure and post something so that it didn't get lost in the hubub of tomorrow's busy day.

What can I say about Brien that has not already been said for good or for ill. He is one crazy kid and he certainly keeps us on our toes.

It was 18 years ago tomorrow Sgt Pepper taught the band to play ... uhm, no wait, I got sidetracked by random Beatles' lyrics! ... That wasn't what I wanted to say! ... It was 18 years ago tomorrow that I gave birth to Brien.

He changed my life and I am a better and stronger person for having been blessed with the opportunity to be Brien's mother. He is kind, sweet and smart and very silly. In some ways he amazes me with his maturity and intelligence. Other times he amazes me with how completely unprepared he is to face the world.

I'm a little sad that he is growing up so fast, yet excited to watch him as he begins the next big phase in life, that of a college student. I know that he will accomplish great things. He loves life, he loves his family and most of all he loves his Heavenly Father. I could not be more proud of this young man.

Happy Birthday Brien!

3 comments:

Kelly Boyle said...

Brien, I hope you know how loved you are. We are so proud of you. Especially now that you have finished your Eagle Scout. That is such an amazing acomplishment. And one that you can brag about in our family. Because you are the first McGiven blood from Grandpa down that has finished. I love you so much. Wish we lived closer so we could see more of you. It was so fun to see you last week.

Brittany said...

From G-ma W
How come you didn't say anything about his fantastic trumpet playing, I love the little I heard while I was there. Maybe he will be a band leader someday, like Glenn Miller. Only I don't want him to get lost over the pacific....only kidding. It was sure good to see you guys.
Wes had been over swimming and its fun to see him. He looks great so you don't have to worry about him. I'm down at Pebble with Lynn's family this week. They are talking about going to the beach, what with the fog and smoke...too many forest fires.
Sounds like you are having a good summer. Hows the job going? Love you all....G-ma W

Katie said...

Happy Belated Birthday from Katie and Gary's little fam. We hope you had a great day! You are a good kid with a lot going for you so keep it up! Love ya!

Blog Archive