Honey Bee

Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break!

Family & Friends,
Sorry that I fell off the face of the blogging world for a while. The Berry Family was on Spring Break. It was so nice because all of us were off from work/school. Wesley headed south to the beach with an old friend from elementary school days to visit another friend who had moved south with his family. These three guys have been the best of friends since Second Grade and they are still going strong even though they live in different places and go to different schools. Modern communication is marvelous.

Brien chose to stay at home and have a taste of independence and freedom. He did ok for his first time at home without the parental units, I will not go into details about his adventures and save his dignity. I'll just say the house is still standing, the car is still running and he didn't have to make a trip to the emergency room so maybe we can count it as a mini success.

Dane and I headed to the North Carolina mountains for a few days and it was wonderful. We did a lot of hiking and antique shopping, mostly of the window variety. We played a little in the Indian reservation casino and I won a $100 jackpot playing quarter slots. So we took our little boon and left. It was a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable few days. Its nice when Dane and I get a chance to connect as Holley & Dane and not have to don any of our other roles like mom & dad or employee. We also got to enjoy a couple of days at home, the first time we've actually had time to just BE in our house without having to run around to work and activities. It was really nice and I really like my new house.

Here is a little video snippet of feeding the bears, one of the highlights of our trip. I think maybe Dane and I might have a career as bear trainers, what do you think?




4 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! I am glad you got to spend time together, that is the best!

Kelly Boyle said...

I am glad you guys had a good time. Can't wait to see you guys in June. Love Ya!

Katie said...

No WAY! How did you pull that one off? (the bear twirling) How fun! You guys deserved the alone time!

Masters Of Disasters said...

That sounds so relaxing. I can't believe how old your kids are! I can't wait for the day that I trust mine, and can leave them home alone. I left P home to babysit while kev and I went and had a bishops interview; I nearly had a heart attack. It was for 15 minutes, and he and I both had cell phones in case there was an "emergency" . He called me 4 times in 15 minutes. His emergencies were that the other kids wouldn't stay in their beds, he was hearing scary sounds, ect. All I can say is thank heavens for cell phones!

Blog Archive