
Does any one else feel as if they're playing the part of the adult?
I'm 40, but I still feel like a kid, muddling my way through the world. I still have all these child-like feelings; and there are times I just don't want to be a grown up.
* I still worry about others liking me.
* I still feel inadequate when it comes to style.
* My hair is just as unimpressive as when I was in high school.
* I still keep a 'student' state of mind when it comes to completing tasks, again with the procrastination!
* I don't want to be picked last.
* I want to have a slumber party with my sisters and my cousins and watch Thoroughly Modern Millie, giggling over silly things and talking until I fall asleep.
* I keep hoping someone else will do the stuff I don't want to do, especially cleaning the bathrooms.
* I know I have kids... but I still feel too inept to raise them when I'm still learning so much myself.
* I still stare at wonder at the man beside me, baffled as to how he chose me. I mean, I actually sleep with a man in the same bed!??
* I still laugh at the corniest things.
* I still dream about doing things and having far off adventures.
* I still wonder if I'm a pain.
* I want to chase the ice cream man down for a bomb pop.
* I want to do activities that my body is begging to differ with.
* I still feel as selfish as I did at 12 years old.
* Some days, all I want to do is play.
* Often, all I want are sweets.
* I want to wake up on Saturday morning, not because I have to drive a kid to some activity or because I need to go to the grocery store but because I want to watch the Smurfs
* I want summer vacation where I can wander free, climb a tree, read a book, swim and ski in Lake Tahoe and play softball from sun up to sun down and come home so that I can dream about doing it all over again tomorrow.
Sometimes, I would love to just be a kid again.
What about you? What would you do if you could be the kid again?
3 comments:
I am more Wendy when it comes to my relationship with Harold and he is the Peter Pan.
I would like to have a sleepover with the cousins to watch Thoroughly Modern Millie. I miss those times.
I would tie a long shoe lace to the handle bars of my bike with the bananna seat and pretend like the bike is a pony and the shoe lace is the reigns. Then I would try to steer my bike with the shoe lace.... I miss those days too, but I would never want to go back to high school or dating. I would only go back to being a kid and growing up agian if I could take Matt with me and live with him through it all.
sometimes I feel like I really am still a kid. I mean, I'm only 23. To most people that is considered, young, immature.. etc etc. However having two children at age 23 takes the "kid" right out of you. Though I agree with a lot of what you said. I'd LOVE to have sleepovers and I still worry about people liking me. I think if I could be a kid I would just enjoy it as long as I could. I'd run barefoot outside (even though Dad told me not too) I would catch those little moth butterflies and then set them free. I'd climb the neighbors cherry tree and sit on their roof. (all things I did as a child) And i'd do them all again. As long as I could return to my hubby and kids. Loved your post! Made me think about my short childhood! :)
Post a Comment