1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Both. I like to wrap presents and get all creative with bows, but I usually don’t have time and so dropping the gift into a gift bag is very convenient and still looks pretty under the tree and, you can use them over and over again.... which I do because I’m a
2. Real tree or artificial?
Well it used to be real trees. But one year when I was in the early and financially strapped stage of life two days before Christmas K-Mart was having this huge sale and we were able to get an artificial tree for like $10 and the real ones were like $50. Ever since then we have been artificial tree people. Now the reason we do artificial trees is because my younger son has become somewhat of an environmentalist.
3. When do you put up the tree?
After Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down?
February.... I know you are thinking we are just bonkers. Let me explain. A few years ago I had a really bad case of pneumonia that slammed me right after Christmas and so since I’m the only one who puts anything away in our house, the tree stayed up until February and my boys including my husband all enjoyed having it up for a long time. If I try and take it down any earlier, they all mutiny! If I wait until February then they help me put it away.... sort of.
5. Do you like eggnog?
In very small doses.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
This is probably really weird but I got this nice little desk when I was about 12 and it was really nice. It was the first piece of furniture that I remember ever getting that my parents specifically purchased for me... well besides my crib and that was only because I was the first baby. I still have that desk its now in my son Brien’s room.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Sadly no. I have been hunting all season for one. But the perfect set has eluded me. I really want one of those Willow Tree Nativity Sets but they are really expensive. I think I’m going to try and get one on Ebay when the demand is lower and I can get a better deal on one.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My Grandma White. She has everything and she has such a large family and so many friends that it’s hard not to duplicate what she already has. Plus the fact that she is such a great gift giver and is amazingly generous. I feel like my little paltry gifts pale in comparison to all that she does for me and my family.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My husband all he ever wants are Amazon Gift certificates because he is addicted to collecting classical music CDs.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A microwave egg poacher. I prefer when people stick to my list. Snotty I know. I’m working on my attitude of gratitude.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Both I just love to hear from people and have you ever gotten a Hallmark Email Card featuring Hoops & YoYo, they are hysterical.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
So Many favorites.... so little time and not enough cyberspace. Definitely tops is It’s a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart, all they old syrupy Rudolph, Frosty, Santa Claus is Coming to Town stuff, Comfort & Joy and ooooh I have a new one for the list it’s called When Angels Come to Town with Peter Falk, love it!!!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Every year I try to do it ALL through the year but it mostly gets done the first week in Dec. I’m competing with my Mother-In-Law she is amazing. Shops all year long takes a few days off from work after Thanksgiving and has everything in the mail for all of her family by the first week in Dec. She is my Christmas Shopping Hero. The thing is everything is wonderful it always fits and never gets stashed in the regifting pile. She is a Christmas shopping genius!!!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes, but I don’t like to think of it as recycling. I like to think of it as sharing my blessings with others :-)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cottage Cheese Pancakes, Orange Rolls and Cornbread Stuffing!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
I like clear lights but the rest of the family likes colored, I’m outnumbered so we get colored lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
What Child Is This?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Home and I don’t want to talk about it!! :-(
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Cupid, Vixen,Donder, Blitzen Occasionaly on a stormy night Rudolph (I stole this word for word from Kelly because I thought it was funny!! Good one KelBelle!!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star but we have a beautiful angel placed right below the star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
One present on the Eve usually pajamas and my kids hate it! But that is what my mother used to do to us. So who am I to mess with tradition. The rest of the gluttony begins in the morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Teachers who think it’s necessary to cram a semesters worth of projects to be turned in the last day before Christmas break thereby ruining all family time leading up to Christmas. Like they are going to grade research papers and projects over the holidays. Never once have we gotten a graded project back before January 20.
23. What I love most about Christmas?
Having my boys home for at least one whole day where they are focused on family time. They are teenagers now and so their attention is always elsewhere. I really miss when they were little. So Christmas gives me little glimpses of my two little boys. They are very attached to our traditions and it’s nice to have that little bit of magic.
Now it's Y'alls (remember that's North Carolinian for You All) TURN!
1 comment:
Sweetie,
That was cute and fun. We'll have to have cottage cheese pancakes!
P.S.-I don't think you have to keep reminding anyone what "ya'll" means. Everybody watches Paula Dean, right?
Post a Comment